BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

I Return; Tired, Sunburned, and Eager To Blog!

Hello blogging universe!

How are you all? Enjoying summer, I guess? I'm at my grandparent's house at the moment, and thus finally blessed with Internet access. We only got here a few hours ago, after a stop-and-start six and a half hour drive from Essex, and was then forced to sit through a two-hour discussion on the American education system, like they expect me to know anything about it, from my grandmother. But at least I'm here.

"The Festival"--That is, V Festival-- was yesterday and Saturday. Sorry to brag, but it sort of was really cool....I came away with a sunburned head, beer in my hair, and aching legs but it was so worth it. But I'll be sure to tell you all about that in the next few days. It is way too much to talk about in one post, for a start, and also I'm really tired right now! But, if you're interested, I can talk about the few other things I've done while I've been here...

As far as people go, it's been pretty interesting catching up. I got to see my an aunt and one of my cousins a few days ago, which was really nice. They live way up in the north of England(Lucky them, no sarcasm intended!). When you live with an accent as stereotypical as mine, a Leeds accent can be nearly unreal! My best friend didn't want to see me because she seems to think avoiding people is fun, though I did bump in to her at a local maze and didn't really say much. I saw my three other better friends, though, and they hadn't really changed too much at all, surprisingly, other than a friend's obsession with Lady GaGa, and another friend now sporting a bit of eyeliner. We also spent a few days with a few really good friends who used to go to the same school I did. We randomly met them in Pizza hut on the 2nd day, and their mother has been insisting we come round everyday since! We also went to the first day of V with them, which was cool.

We went to this really cool local pool at one point. For someone who can't swim for their life, I think public pools are surprisingly fun. This one had rapids and slides and everything. And we went to a zoo fairly close by there another day for my sister's birthday, and I simultaneously discovered my extreme distaste for zoos in general. Come on, they're just animals, and we all now that it's all about the young ones!

We got to eat out one of the evenings too, at a faux 50s New York pizza place. Being utterly surrounded by Yankees merchandise is now such a bizarre circumstance for me! It was nice there, though.

On Tuesday we went to Lego Land which sort of is but still sort of isn't as babyish as it sounds, but who cares anyway? The lines there were really huge, plus the first ride we went on was only partly working, and the last one had a fifteen minute delay! But that payed off. Sorry to sound as teenage as possible, but there was a really cute guy in line! A girl in my homeroom once came in after April vacation and told as a story of meeting a "hottie", while in, I think it was, Spain. At the time I was thinking "Um, okay...", and then I discovered the wonders of random holiday boys. <3 Anyway... On Thursday we went into London. It's a nice place to go if you're just visiting, I wouldn't want to live there though. On my request we got to see Abbey Road which was cool until I was nearly killed by a taxi while doing the swinging-arm cross walk thing. And the studio looked nice, despite all the graffiti, very little of which was at all Beatles-related. And the British museum was nice. I got to see the Magna Carta(Signed by King John in 1215, the first written document to say that the even the monarchy must abide to the law, later becoming one of the most famous documents in British history), some of Galileo's early writings, the first book made in England, and a bible made around 900 years ago. And the Beatles had their own section. The first draft of Yesterday lyrics, oh my god! And we walked through Regent's park, my mother suddenly transformed herself into a cricket know-it-all as we walked past a stadium of some importance I couldn't care less about(By the way, England won the ashes, hoorah! I'm such a hypocrite!), we walked past Downing Street, went to Trafalgar square, St. Pauls' cathedral, and walked along the Thames.

Must go now, Mock The Week starts in ten minutes, and it's my 2nd to last time to experience some Frankie Boyle hilarity for a year, which is of grave importance. Comment, Cbox, you know it. xD

7 comments:

Vertige said...

NAOMI, YOU'RE BACK O:
Hot guys seen on vacation are the best. XD

Jill said...

Agreed. What did he look like?

I actually danced with a few guys while I was on vacation xD

Chels said...

GANGBANGED~!

*hugtackle* NAOMI~

Jill said...

We raped your comments. ^_^

Chels said...

...Your blog, raped it has been. >8D

Naomi said...

I think this is the most comments I've ever got, thank you for raping! S:

Quite tall, skinny, swishy dark hair, big brown eyes? He had sunglasses on at first <3.

How are you guys? I'll try to get on Meebo later. xD

Jill said...

My pleasure! xD

Whoa, he DOES sound hot. @__@

I've been better, and I'll try to be on AIM for a while! I might nap or something, because I'm really weak right now, but I'll try not to.