BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

As Anti-Social As Ever

Hello blog universe,

Phew, after the never-ending blog epic that was my last post, I almost thought I wouldn't have worked up the energy quite yet to post...But, somehow, here I am!

Actually I still don't know if I have the energy, I'm simply doing this out of boredom. My aunt, uncle, and one of my cousins are over at the moment. Let's reiterate; My boring, math-y, genius cousin. His FUN, humorous, hitting-with-giant-inflatable-bananas(hehe) brother is still up in York enjoying doing whatever it is students do, before seeing Bill Bailey this evening, which not only makes the day sort of suck, but makes me totally jealous of him. Gawd, my stupid Drake And Josh-esque cousins are so annoying. So I'm here.

Yes, I guess I am being rather unnecessarily anti-social, but I cant say I like family do's and such. The purpose of them is simply to compare who looks like who the most and go off on strange little discussions about, in our case, education. At the moment my sister, dad, and aunt are outside playing croquet. Now, I know what you're thinking! And, no, we are not all outside drinking tea and scones in a pretty garden and laughing and being generally English. Tt's cold, windy, and has before involved at least one player nearly being the victim of another's fury in the form in a mallet across the head. That and the devilishly difficult course on a sloping-hill that leans towards a busy road would make it something more like Croquet; EXTREME!

The one positive event of the day was, before going on a walk, we all got our own little performance in the form of my uncle playing his bagpipes. Yes, yes, "Every family has one" and shizz. This was my dad's idea for his 50th birthday as he has an interest in peculiar instruments. Considering he's only had two lessons and a lot of people probably couldn't even blow enough to make a sound, he didn't sound too bad once he'd fixed all the pipes and knobs and such. And even when he did sound bad, as apparently said fun cousin once said, "That's what garden sheds are for"!

- Naomi(Short posts are fun, aren't they?)

PS- Read this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8228053.stm -- music fans and weep. Another legend bites the dust, I guess. I can't wait for a heart-felt reunion in fifteen years time.

0 comments: