BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

My fingers Hurt - And A Christmas Review


Hey!


Merry Christmas everyone! Late, I know. But still...Hope you all had a good one!


As you have probably realised by now, my blog just went under a total revamp. Like it? I'm pretty happy with it. I renamed my blog and added a picture on the side. I'm just happy I'm back to my computer. My mom and aunt dragged me to go on a "bracing walk" today. I hate nature with a passion. It was soooo boring. I mean, we live in 2008. The human race is probably gonna die away soon anyway, so shouldn't we be treasuring technology while we have it?


I really didn't sleep much on Christmas Eve night. I woke up at four and couldn't get to sleep until around five. Then my sister woke me up at seven to inform me that Santa had come.


As far as Christmas presents go, I'm lucky. Santa brings some presents, and then I get some for my parents. This year, my parents hadn't bought anything until a week before Christmas, so they "panic-shopped" and ended up buying too much!


From Santa, I got a lot of cheap, yet somehow entertaining, little things that we all know and love. One of which was a place mat with The Periodic Table Of Elements On it. This, of course, reminded me of an absolutely hilarious sketch from The Catherine Tate Show. Also, sticking out of the bag, was...a poster. Hmm, a poster? What could it be? One thing - The Killers poster! Ahhh! Yay! Woot! Looks like Santa knows his stuff. My sister also got a poster of "Bolt". My Dad says "That's a Cute Picture", and my mom says "Which one? Bolt, or Brandon?"


Opening presents was the best part of the day. It took a while, but it was still cool. I'll post some pictures of the stuff I got another time. The most surprising thing was a book - "Destiny Is Calling Me". It's an autobiography of The Killers! I didn't even know it existed! As far as more Killers stuff goes, I got a Killers sweatshirt(Wearing it at the moment). And I also have a Killers 2009 calender and another Killers poster in the mail, to arrive soon. With the money I got, I'm going to buy more Killers stuff.


Other favorite stuff I got included...A pair of low top maroon Converse. Totally cool. I'm going to wear these with my maroon Killers T-shirt for the concert in January!


Ah, a reminder! The Killers concert is exactly one month away!


I also got two Star wars lego sets, which I'm going to start later, A Nirvana T-shirt, CDs(Bleach - Nirvana, HAARp - Muse, and Pinkerton - Weezer) All are very good albums. In particular, HAARP is amazing. I also got Guitar Hero On Tour Decades, and Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 3 for my DS. And a radio/music player which I'm going to get set up some time today. And Warriors: Long Shadows(Even though I've yet to finish the last book)


And of course - My wonderfully amazing electric guitar! I played for around an hour this morning, and the tips of my fingers are still hurting. Believe me, there is nothing more pleasurable in life(Well,other than a couple of things...) than turning the amp up super high and playing a chord so the whole world can hear. The guitar came with a DVD, so I was watching some of that. I've learned to play E, A, and D triads. Watch out bloggers, the next Dave Keuning is on her way up!


I spent most of Christmas Day yesterday eating chocolates and playing with the stuff I got. The two games are great! The book is also very good. It has some great pictures. Including one from Brandon's highschool yearbook, one where Brandon is holding the hand of their old drummer, and one where Mark is dressed more like he belonged in Nirvana and The Killers! He looks amazing like that.


I'll leave you now to once again enjoy everything I got yesterday, and return my finger tips to more pain. Merry late Christmas!

0 comments: