BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Hopes And Expectations. Mindblowing Guitar Solos And Revelations.


Hi!


I love Muse.

I love Muse.

I love Muse.


^This is basically how I feel right now. Last night I watched HAARP(CD/DVD). It's a video of Muse playing at Wembley Arena last year. It was THE MOST AMAZING DVD EVER! Loads of people today say Muse are one of the best live bands around. They speak truth. I can't sum up how amazing it was. I now really badly want to see Muse live. Also, Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, Nirvana, and Weezer have been "fighting" out for a while to be my 2nd favorite band. Looks like we just found a winner! Congrats Matt, Chris, and Dominic(Yep, I totally know their names now

.)!


For those who don't know Muse(I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't) then I'll tell you, basically, they're an alternative rock band from the South-West of England. They're based heavily on guitar and piano. They certainly are a weird mix. Those of you who are familiar with Radiohead will know the sort of style that Matt sings in. It's quite clever really.


Watching the DVD, it seems that Muse are there for gothic guys in their 20s who use Muse when they require something "lighter and more mellow" to listen to inbetween runs of AC/DC and Metallica. I can quite easily see myself being killed in that moshpit. Still, it would have been an unforgetable experiance. Especially in Knights of Cydonia, when everyone in the audience raised their "horn-ed hands" into the air on the heavy drums beats. Amazing.


According to my mom and aunt who were also watching, Matt has a wierd appearance. Apparently Chris looks better. I disagree. Maybe it's because Matt looks sort of short and scrawny compared to Dom and Chris. But does Brandon look particularly muscular compared to Ronnie, Mark, and Dave? I think not! And he looks amazing too.


Best part of the whole thing was when Matt raises his eyebrow on the "Ooh"s in Supermassive Black Hole!


And the intro. They come up on a raised platform, staring into the sky, and with Matt's hand on his heart. Matt was wearing a red suit, Chris in a gray suit with black Converse, and Dom in a t-shirt and skinny lime green pants. An...eye-catching sight. I'd say they were just a little on the "too tight" side, considering he's a guy.


And then there's their playing ability. Wow. Matt on guitar is amazing. He's such a showman! He sort of ran, jumped, sang, and playing his guitar like their was no tomorrow for two hours straight! His guitars were pretty cool also. There was this sparkly red Fender he played in the first few songs that looked pretty impressive. His ability on the piano was just as good! The guy certainly isn't afraid to show off what he can do...


Chris is pretty good too. The whole bass line in Hysteria is amazing. And the ocassional smile throughout the performance was an up-lifting experience.


Last of all - Dom! Are all drummers insane? Ronnie and Dom certainly are. Dom would take the show if he could. He's drumming ability is really good. I read a while back the he was 80-something best drummer ever! Unlike guitarists, I'm so glad good drummers aren't dying. The way he sort of held his mouth half open throught the performance was a somehow nice thing to look at.


Overall, I love Muse so much today. Post more tomorrow, bye!

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Oops, typo in the title. Once again, an example of my typing like a n00b. Ignore it.