BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The One Thing Better In Life Than Addiction - Obsession

Hi

In this world that we live in, there's only one thing better than addiction, and that's obsession. I seriously don't know why I'm writing this, but it's true. At some point in every person's life, you become completely obsessed with at least one thing. Wether that's a band, a clothes store, a movie, a book, a vampire, a car, a dog, a song, a TV show, your teacher, an instrument, a boy, or a Vegas rockstar with experimental facial hair. It's gonna happen. I seem to have a reasonably addictive personality. So...welcome to a blog post about obsession, I suppose. Especially my obsessions, of course.

First off, my number one obsession. The Killers. Need I say anything more? Anyone who's ever said anything to me knows I'm completely and utterly obsessed with these men. You know, when you're five years old, and wake up on Christmas morning to see presents under the tree? That's...how I feel about The Killers. That sounded sort of cheesy. It's true, however. Their Duran Duran/u2/Oasis/Depeche Mode/The Cure/The Smiths/Bruce Springsteen sounding music definantly has an auro of...magic around out. Now I'm sounding really cheesy, right? Who knew eyeliner, synthesizers, tumbleweeds, disco drum beats, and feathery suits could combine to form such an obsessive mix.

I seem to have an obsession with Matthew Bellamy at the moment. I'm messed up. But he's cool. I read an interview a while back with some cool questions. I love the way Matt answered some of then...Very...Matt-ish. He's awesome, in every way. He's super addicting!!!!!!!!!! And then there's his music...

Moving on. Comedy. Comedy comedy comedy. Little Britain is, without a doubt, the funniest show ever made. Anyone who can do a decent Andy Pipkin and Lou Todd impersonation(And very few can) is worthy of knighthood. Matt and David are completely amazing and obsessive. I've come to a point where I have to watch at least one episode a day. The same goes for other UK comedy shows, like Catherine Tate. The "ginger" sketches just never got old. Or the "Nan" sketches. Rock on UK post-watershed TV.

This very blog in fact, and all blogs in general, have become sort of obsessive. It seems that at the moment, I wake up and think - a)Brandon. b)What should I write in my blog today? As you can tell, I've been writing this blog pretty much every day at the moment. I love writing about "whatever"(Quoting my profile), even though I'm pretty bad at writing anything. I decided to start my profile yesterday, forgetting the 1200 characters max rule. I'd written a paragraph. I became obsessed with shortening it down, and ended up using abreviations that only I would know.

I also can't live without my Top Gear. Three men without lives play with cars and make idiots of themselves. What more could one want? So so sooooo obsessed. And, unlike most fans think, there's more to TG than Hammond and his Tipex teeth. Seriously, Captian Slow never got the attention he deserved. Once you get past that fact, than you're truly obsessed with TG.

80s pop music. Enough said.

Stupid stuff some to be easy things to become obsessed with. For example - fish. Don't ask why. I ran downstairs at the speed of light earlier because I knew that we were having fish. Very very odd, I know. A while back, it was sharpies. I believe I said something about Sharpies a while back on this blog. Also, the lyrics to Dire Straights' "Romeo And Juliet" are incredibly obsessive and addictive. I don't know, maybe Brandon singing them makes them obsessive. Thinking about it, yeah, that's probably why. Random obsessing is so much fun...

I've met many people in my life - Many I could have done without meeting, but anyway. I've met people who are obsessed with drummers, dead rockstars(You know who you are...), Edward Cullen, the pictures of Lamborghinis in my school locker, perfection, sports, school, randomness, and everything inbetween. Obsessing is an extremely important foundation of individuality and being human(Or dancer. Whichever fits you better. There I go again...) The one thing in life better than addiction- obsession

That was deep, and cheesy. Bye.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee, I'm so sure that the dead rockstar comment had NOTHING to do with me.