BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm In Need Of Some Inspiration. And Some Direction To Perfection. Help Me Out, Yeah?

Hey there,

Like the title? More lyrics, except for the first part.

So, if you're as avid a blogger as I am, you might(like I do) spend all day thinking of what to write in your blog. Well, I sometimes do that. Sometimes I just pick upon the most insignifcant little thing in my life, and try my best to express my feelings toward it on here. There are some days when I'm completely struck dead(That's the weirdest exageration I have ever seen. What am I trying to say? I don't know. Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind) with ideas to write here. And then there are days, such as today, when there's nothing going on - Nothing to write about. There isn't too much hate going on with me today, or questions, or Killers raves, or school issues, or explosions of happiness. Sometimes I wish I were more random, less structured in my thinking. My scientific, uncreative, brain is quite something to deal with. I'm way better writing a diary than I am writing about anything unrelated to anything. That's why these posts are always the same and always so boring. Ah, if only I could spark more imagination in this skull. Wouldn't that be good. I might try to be random, But at the moment my brain is drained of ideas...So, here's some drivvle about nothing. Seriously, if there's anything, anything(I beg you!) you want me to talk about, rave about, express my opinion about, questions. or know about me, just tell me and I'll write it. All ideas are welcome. So today, I'll just talk about stuff that's been happening...

Thanks to all who voted/are voting in my poll. Because of (as you can tell) the new layout, I had to get rid of it and set it up again. I'm not sure how many days are left, but keep voting! I also added some new pictures! All of...you-know-who. He is gorgeous though. Most of the captions are stuff are song lyrics, if they don't really make much sense. He's got soul, but he's not a soldier!

Okay, so yesterday I found the weirdest thing. Type in "Brandon Flowers showman" into Google. Go to images. Click on the 4th image! My blog! Isn't it cool? Or creepy. Either which way.

Now, one of those paragraphs simply dedicated to "that one band". The Spaceman video came up on iTunes the other day...BUY IT! My iPod broke the day it came out, so I bought it the following day. As well as the All These Things That I've Done and and For Reasos Unknown music videos. Okay, I am so obsessed with All These Things That I've Done at the moment. All These Things was the first music video by The Killers that I ever saw...It's lovely. Haha, Brandon's in the shower, naked from the waist up(I'm presuming. You can't see below his waist, obviously. His extreme self-consciousness is so adorable!). And, after many watchings, I'm still struggling with the meaning of the music video. It makes no sense, or very little. Even Brandon can't work it out entirely, he said in an interview. But from what I can work out, the song+music video is about a man, trying to fight back his..."Natural instincts" and be good to his girlfriend. For example I need direction to perfection. He's saying it's hard, and he needs help. But, later onin the song at the I got soul but I'm not a soldier part, that he's only human(Or is he admitting he's only dancer? We may never know what he is!). The music video, if you work out a meaning, is actually an absolutely amazing music video. It's alligned into "scenes" and a girl holds up a number resembling the scene. But not in order. Apparently, if you arrange the numbers into order, it makes a simply story. I don't know. But, there's loads of little pieces to the music video. The band, embracing their Nevada spirit, are cowboys, fake mustaches and all. Then there are four women wandering around in revealing clothing. In most parts, teasing(They drive in a car, with the band on the roadside. The men are staring away, while the women try to encourage them to look) or simply chasing the men, around a desert town or through a maze/scrapyard. And then licking boomerangs and throwing them at the men. Isn't that lovely? At the beginning, it shows Brandon falling into a puddle, hit by a boomerang. This actually ties into the end of the video, as Brandon is the last man standly(Truly!) before being hit. These women, chasing them around, are part of the "natural male instinct" that the men are trying to avoid, to be good to their girlfriends. At a time, the men run up to a car, and pull out this sign, with "THEKILLERSLUTS" written across it in light bulbs. Then they stamp out the end of the word, resembling these women. See who these women are yet? At one point, Brandon walks into his house, his girlfriend there. He has a lipstick mark on his chin. After being slapped, this leads to the shower scene, where he's singing and punching his fist against the wall. Lovely, no sarcasm intended. At one point, Brandon is on a donkey. This is the one part I don't understand at all. During the first "I got soul" lines, Brandon is wandering around holding the remains of "TheKillersluts" sign, and actually saying "I got soul"! And then at the last "I got soul"s, the men and women are lined up. The women move forward, while the men move back synchrosingly. So, this song is literally "Boys vs girls" but more maturely, in every sense. About a man trying to undo his "sins", and fight back his "male instincts". And now you know everything you need to know about the title of my blog.



Anyway, both Spaceman and For Reasons Unknown are great videos also. Spaceman is...odd. But cool. And For Reasons Unknown gets very little respect and recognition for the amazing music video that it is. It's simple. Once again, they're cowboys in the desert. And they're singing, riding horses, and eating Brandon's head for a meal. Seriously! Dave, Mark and Ronnie are evil(Coco, does that answer your "If you were stuck on a desert island, which of your band mates would you eat first?" question?). I love the appearances too. By that I mean, Dave, Mark, and Ronnie are very dressed-down in baggy, brown clothes with matching horses while Brandon is ina sparkly white jacket and hat, with a white horse. It's cute! And even cuter is the fact that For Reasons Unknown is the only song in which Brandon has to play bass, and it's adorable how his eyes have to keep flicking back to the guitar instead of his usual Somebody Told Me-esque enthusiastic performances. I love it all. Killers=love.

I guess school has been okay these past couple of days. For some reason, my brain has seemed to have wiped some memory of Friday, so I don't know what to say...We got new seats in Science. 'cept I didn't move. At all. I'm in the same seat, which is good. For some reason, I can't stand being in the front of the class. It gets me all paranoid or something. I like being in the back, even though my back is to the clock(Which I hate!!). Although the people I'm sitting with I don't like. In my last group, I was with two guys...One of which was nice, but the other is probably the most arrogant and annoying child you will ever meet. You know, the sort who makes innapropriate jokes, laughs at a guy simply because he's in a purple box on a t-shirt I own, plays drums with pencils, never stops talking, and seems to think he's cooler than everyone else. So, this time I'm stuck with two girls. One of which, I was next to in Science before. She's okay. The other I despise with a passion. She's one of those girls who has to say "Oh my god!" and "I know, right?" thing after every other word she says. Very preppy. And, in the brief time that I was sitting at her table Friday, the only thing she and the other girl talked about was how "scary" they thought someone was. In Social Studies I presented a "current event"...About how Pansonic is dying, slowly and painfully. I really couldn't care less about Panasonic, I'm not exactly dying for a plasma TV right now. I wanted to do one on the same situation, but with Burger King, but the article was really short. I don't even like Burger King. But when I see "Island Records Shutting Down Due To Financial Problems" I'll be worried. Really worried. LA we had a vocab quiz. I knew all but one word anyway, so it was no problem writing a story.Although, the people in my classes were being idiots. "Test" never has and never will mean "Mess around, laugh, giggle, be innapropriate, swear, walk around the room, walk outside, get your teacher to sing, or throw pencils", so I don't know where the other kids got that idea from. Spanish was hell again. I hate my partners to the bone. I had to make "Shakaespere's book", AKA "Go away so we can talk about how weird you are, CamoLambo" time.

But this Saturday has sort of been a drag. I need to start some homework. The jeans I wanted to wear were in the wash. I'm bored. My sister has a friend round. We didn't get to see "Coraline" or go snow tubing like I suggested(The one active activity worth my time). I have no more magazines to cut out(Though I need to stick them up today...). There isn't much on the TV. I've completed the puzzle I've been working on. It's pretty cold outside. I don't like snow much. Not many people have uploaded YouTube videos or blog posts for me to look at. So, my day has been slow. I've watched over 2 1/2 hours of The Catherine Tate Show episodes on DVD today and have been online otherwise. Having my sister's friend round really limits what I can do. I can't really stay on the "good" computer for very long, or play my music loud, or anything. But here's the thing - My sister's friend needs a life beyond my sister. They've seen each other outside of school..Like, 5 days this week alone. What is wrong with her? My sister isn't particularly interesting or anything. But the same thing goes for my 7-year old neighbour. She is obsessed with her. The only reason she isn't living here is because her mother isn't that gullable! It's odd, really. This year, I got a Christmas card from her saying "Dear CamoLambo, merry Christmas! Do you have your tree yet? Ours is big. You're really nice, but your sister is nicer. Bye!" @.@

Also, for anyone English reading...You may or may not know that an English magazine and new website The Sun published a story the other day saying that Brandon and Ronnie are having huge fights. Other newspapers picked up on the story. It's wrong. The Sun doesn't deserve to write anything anway. They really should die. They were just twisting Brandon's words, and then using Brandon's religion(Mormon) vs Ronnie's religion(Christian) as a logical excuse for an argument. How low can you get? So, they have religious differences. So do people in many bands. And I have religious differences to friends. Do we argue? No. Is religion a big deal? No. And even for bands who are very religious, such as The Killers, it still doesn't effect them. You know, I very much doubt they've ever said a word about religion to each other. Ever since The Killers came out, Brandon's religion as been a hot topic of conversation and questions for interviewers. It's no big deal. Not to them, not to fans, not to listeners, no one should care. Brandon and Ronnie are fantastic friends, and they never argue, more than the average friends do...Even about religion or politics. The Sun used religion as an explanation of an argument. Truly, how low can you get? I've lost utter respect for that pathetic newspaper, and for any person who continues to use Brandon's religion in such a way. Die die die, pathetic losers.

So, yeah that's it for now. Pretty much. I'm off to rant on AnimalCrossingCommunity.com about why UGGs, Pete Wentz(ha!), and 16 year old dudes who worship Def Leopard suck. Good day.

Bye,

5 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

Pete Wentz again, huh? Hmmmmmmmmmm. You hate with love. A love to hate.

Happy sunday!

Naomi said...

That is...very true.

Happy sunday!

Anonymous said...

Dieeee, Pete Wentz.

Do you mean sap2 when you say 16 year old guys who like Def Leppard?I've seen you and him fight before. xD

I haven't blogged in forever. Nothin' to say. D<

Naomi said...

Yeah, in particular sap2. He just stries me as the sort who's only heard the hits of bands, and then spends his life on kids' websited flaming anyone who doesn't worship 80s metal.

Eh, I don't have much to say either.

Coco Juniper said...

I am so poetic. Ready......

You hate with a love
a love to hate
a hate to love
Pete Wentz.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Pete Wentz you suck.

^_^