BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

With Magic Soakin' My Spine, Can You Read My Mind? Another CamoLambo Own Rant!

Hey there,

Sorry 'bout the weird title, the two sentences didn't really "go", but I love the song I'm quoting...Slippin' in my faith until I fall, you never returned that call...

Okay, so here's a short, very short, rant...Sort of.

Okay, so at the moment I'm working on this 1000-piece puzzle, which is taking forever. While I was doing it yesterday, my sister was watching Spongebob in the other room. And then came the commercials, when I heard one advertising...Alvin And The Chimpunks. What the hell?! I went in, and discovered Alvin And The Chipmunks were releasing an album. From what I know, the only albums Nick advertises are Now That's What I Call Music, Number "Oh god, not another one", "Kidz Bob", The Naked Brothers Band, and now - Alvin and The Chimpmunks.


Now, seriously, what on Earth would want you to buy an Alvin And The Chipmunks CD? I basically exploded to my sister about the stupidity of the situation, but she said "It's cool" or something like that.

What's the big deal? I just checked the page on Wikipedia, the only decent songs are Blink 182's "All The Small Things", Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer", and Journey's "Don't Stop Beleiving"., which in instelf is an odd choice of a songlist. Nick, are we trying to introduce six year olds into 80s and 90's music? Either way, if you like Livin' On A Prayer then...Just go to iTunes and buy Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer. Why get a chipmunk version? Oh, there voices are all "high" and "cute"! Does that really make a difference? For the most part, the company have just bought some songs and sped the voices up!


And this isn't hard to do. Go to YouTube, and type in the name of a song. As long as the band isn't unheard, the song isn't a B-side or unreleased onto an album, there's a 99% chance you'll find a "Chipmunk version" out there. Why? Because anyone can make a "chipmunk version". All you need, I believe, is Windows Movie Maker. So if you're so very desperate to hear Jon Bon Jovi's voice really squeaky, why go pay money to hear it, when you can do it at home in the time space of a couple of minutes? I just don't get it...


Why pay money? It's just a high-pithced voice. The Chipmunks aren't even real, why not simply call the album "Undeniable, by Windows Movie Maker"? That's all it is. I'm guessing it's the stereotypicall "cute" faces behind the squeaky song, that gives the the incentive to buy. Obviously, there's no cute face behind the music. None of it is real, it's just ther peoples' songs being sold off by "Alvin And The Chipmunks", to 6 year olds. And it's not like they don't know the Chipmunks are't real.

So yeah. The whole concept of Alvin And The Chipmunks releasing albums angers me. Don't do it, whoever the company is! That's it.

I'd just like to say, I spent a lot of time last night proving to my sister that any song can be Chipmunk-ed. Take On Me was hilarious. And I thought the original was using a high voice!

Well, that was a short and pointless rant. But, why not? I don't have too much else to say about anything. School was very...schooly today. Forced to put another couple of coats onto "Big Ben"(Big Ben is blinding) and had to make towers out of marshmallows and spaghetti in Engeniring(Weird, yes. Fun, no.) Once again, we had double block periods today(Which, oddly, seem to be getting less and less boring as I get used to them. Actually, I guess that isn't odd), In LA I got "essay of the week". And I couldn't be more annoyed by it. Basically, I'm just trying to prove a point to my LA teacher by trying not to read to the class at all this year. So far it's been two, for two essays of the week. But this is becoming a major set back in this. This is also just feeding everyone's stereotypes of me. Some people deserve to die(Random darkness!). I also just spent the last period of the day wandering around, writing about The Killers, and admiring the pictures in my locker. Just thought I'd mention that my locker is the most obsessivly decorated in the grade, if not the school. Or in existance - Who knows?! There's somewhere between 40 and 50 pictures on a little 3 by 2(I'm guessing) feet surface. I'd say about 35 are Brandon alone. It's actually pretty bright to look at, and I get a lot of stares. But, at least they know I'm dedicated - Even if many of them don't know who the people in the pictures are. I just added, I think, four from the concert. Yays. They're pretty.

Speaking of pictures, I'm getting really obsessive about pictures at the moment. My Killers posters from Christmas arrived a couple of das ago, and I put them up in my room! One of them is on the wall behind me, one is on the slanting wall to my left, and one at the back of the room, on top of my desk. Two are duplicates, but it doesn't matter. I also had to go out to Barnes and Noble yesterday simply for the purpose of getting duplicates of the magazines featuring The Killers, so I get all pictures. I started cutting some out yesterday, and I'll finish tonight or tomorrow. And there wasn't a duplicate of American Songwriter, so I'm buying it off eBay. How sad am I?

Oh yeah, we went out the apple store yesterday to get a case for my iPod! And now my iPod is...the neon tiger!

A couple last things to say to some people. Rachel, even though you aren't reading, sorry about losing that bet. Only 2 days to go!

Happy birthday, Alex(bjduck on ACC)!

Socky, I'll be sad not to see you on ACC during the week - I'll miss you!

Lastly, I've added a new poll - Best non English/American bands. And I know, a lot of them are no-name bands to Americana, but to me there's a couple of obvious great choices. There's also a band that is English or American. Guess who it is, and you get mentioned!

Bye, got a 4-page essay to do.

4 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

Alvin the Chipmunk is creepy.

Coco Juniper said...

slightly

Coco Juniper said...

ummm, u said u were going to post today :-/

Naomi said...

I FORGOT! I didn't really know what to write about.

It's lunch at the moment. Why aren't you at school?