BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

10 Reasons Why The Jonas Brothers Should Never Have Covered A-ha

Okay before I start, I'd like to mention something.

Monday was, in the simplest terms, the greatest night of my life. It was amazing. So, now I'm getting this feeling that "it's" all "over". It's gotten me in many bad moods this week(And in deep thought about many things. With several things at the moment, I'm so annoyed and angry, that it's unbearable. I won't post here, because it will definantly offend quite a few people), and I was nearly screaming at some people during Spanish yesterday, so I haven't really been feeling in the mood of blogging. Now, I'm just hoping this will lift my spirits up a bit, though I really shouldn't be feeling this bad. I got a new iPod today, my Killers posters arrived(finally), it's a Saturday. And I've still got the concert in May, and posibly Muse sometime next year, and The Killers again in the summer. It's just that "over" that's hit me...So, let it be known, that nothing is "over", the tour continues with more possible dates, and there's YouTube, and a possibility of a cover album in 2010, only months after the Day And Age tour ends(Will they tour for this? They're really nice to their fans, and do loads of their shows so...here's hoping!). So nothing's over. Nothing! I'll still rave, and rant, and never stop...Because I love this band so much.

Onto the main point of this post....

10 Reasons Why The Jonas Brothers Never Should've Covered A-ha

1. If you're over the age of 14, or at least have a brain, you'll believe that The Jonas Brothers suck, correct? And A-ha are amazing...Those two don't really mix now, do they?

2. A-ha's single "Take On Me" is one of the most recognisable and well-loved songs of the 80s synthpop scene. When The Jonas Brothers covered it, it was only to be used at small venues in front of 13 year old girls, cheering The Jonas Brothers for a song which they believe is their own. No recognition to the original writers, by fans, simply because the fans won't know the original.

3. Or this song will be simply slapped onto a B-side album as filler between childish stories about what this band believes is "romance", and never to be played or admired again.

4. Genre-switching. A-ha is very very very pop. Pop, in everyway. Not childish pop, adult pop. But The Jonas Brothers turned it into what would be a nightmare for anyone familiar with the music scene of the original song...stupid childish pop-rock.

5. So The Jonas Brothers probably sat down one day...And decided to make a cover song because they ran out of relationships to write about. But of course, the singer still sings like a 12 year old, so they had to choose a song that would match the high pitch of his voice, and thus came Take On Me. Quite frankly, this is making a joke of the original singer's unaturaly high voice - Disgraceful.

6. Much like the Twilight-Muse phenomenon, this song could potentially, if a fan works out it's a cover, turn the fan onto A-ha. This should not, cannot, happen. NO WAY!

7. Because this song was so well known, it also features a well known synth-line of the time. Just ask a parent. Anyway, it is a crime to play that line on a guitar. That line must never leave a synthesizer. Idiots.

8. I doubt The Jonas brothers know anything about the band beyond that song. Just ask them and they'll say "It was in my mom's CD collection and I like it".

9. There's already a surplus of Jonas Brothers songs wandering the Earth, we don't need more!

10. It was the most awful cover song ever. Don't ever do such a thing again, Jonases. All I wanted was to look at the music video for "Take On Me", only to find you'd covered it. Thanks a lot.

Yeah...Die die die Jonases. Since The Jonas Brothers are going "out" thanks to Twilight, I thought your name would never have to be mentioned here. I don't like your music, but as long as the rabid fangirls are kept to a minimum, I'm fine. But this just had to be said.

Anyway, now that I've got that out of my system, I'd like to just mention a few things!

I got a new iPod today thanks to all the freezing, it's a Nano in green, it's lovely, and it's name is BRF. This one can hold videos, so I'll download all Killers videos later...

Thanks to all who voted in the poll! Wow, 17 votes! Muse won, The Beatles came in 2nd, and Coldplay came in 3rd! Other than the fact there were no Rolling Stone votes, that's about the outcome I excpected. But if I had my way, Muse would come 1st, then Kaiser Chiefs, then The Arctic Monkeys. And also, the non-English band is...*drum roll* Kings Of Leon! Kings of Leon are actualy from Tennessee, but, much like The Killers, are far more popular in the UK than the US! Once I come up with an idea, I'll be sure to post another poll. Thanks for voting!

My two Killers(Christmas presents...) posters arrived today! They're lovely! I have one repeat of my 1st one, and one of them as cowboys!

School isn't too great at the moment. I have to write a 4-page essay due Tuesday, that I haven't started yet, so I'm stressed. I also want to burn the two people I'm working with for my spanish group. Okay so...By nature, @'m stupidly paranoid. Especially about people. So when we're painting Big Ben(Bright red...For some reason) one of my partners comes out with "Naomi, go start the Shakespere book, me and *other girl's name* can do this ourselves". Put it this way, this girl never has a nice thing to say about anyone. Trust me, I know - It's all gossip and teasing behind peoples' backs. So, when she wants to, basically, get rid of you("You" being me, a school weirdo), then wouldn't you feel she wants to talk about you to the other girl? We got into a fight, and she came out with "We did our project on England so you could help us". Frankly, I never agreed to that. I never suggested England. This whole stupid world thinks that just because I'm English, I want my life to revolve around it. It's stupid, and I hate it with a passion. She can die too, I'm doing as I please with this project.

There's a new feature on The Victims where you can submit a question for The Killers, and they'll answer some in a video. It's awesome, but...What should I ask?

I just discovered Brandon swears in one of his songs! All this time, I've been miss-hearing. Actually, I really really like it. It makes hm seem sort of "rugged" and "macho". There's muscles behind the eyliner, girls!

That's it for now. A strong-worded post, full of hate and resentment...So that's me, being me.

Until sometime,

0 comments: