BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Last Day Of Freedom

This blog marks my last day of freedom...For a while anyway. School starts tomorrow.

I can't really explain how I much I hate that place. Yes, everybody hates school at certain times. And I'm someone who hates school all the time! People I know would generally mark my school as being a fun, relaxed, and overall good environment. It's probably the differences between the way that US elementary schools run, and the way UK primary schools run, but I would have to disagree. I have a serious problem with having a teacher talk for like 30 minutes, and then like 15 minutes of work. Maybe 15 minutes of talking, 30 minutes of work? That, in my eyes, would definantly decrease boredom in class. And people wonder why I have to take to dipping, tearing, writing over, scribling over, drawing over, and destroying my binders? Maybe if I found what we were learning about to be the least bit interesting, I wouldn't have to do so to kill time.

I've actually been in a really bad mood all day thanks to this "going back to school" thing. I feel the tendancy to just stay on the computer, listen to music, or eat. I wish I could just get up and use my last precious hours of free time to do something worthwhile. I somehow feel that isn't much of a life, but that's all I feel capable of accomplishing today. See what this place does to me? I do feel that my homelife is freedom and escape, a place for me to listen to music, chat with people who actually understand me, stay up later, and do whatever I want, but it somehow still manages to ruin my life elsewhere. I'm getting a bit better now than I was this morning. No doubt when it turns 7, my feelings towards this will get a whole lot worse. That's the way, as always. I'd better get used to it now. Despite my mom's words that "This term won't be so bad", last year I got used to feeling as bad as I do now, every Sunday night because of school. This term will be the same - if not worse.

This morning my mom decided she would go shopping. Great timing! If she had stayed, we could have gone Snow Tubing. I first tried it last year, and it was so much fun. One of my parents needs to go up the hill with me when we tube, but my sister is scared of heights so she can't do it, my other parent has to stay with her. I think tubing would have been better use of this last day.

Instead, my Dad took me and my sister around another mall, and to some of the near shops. It wasn't really as bad as I expected, even though I was in a bad mood. Getting out of the house sort of helped. We went into Best Buy to look at a new TV to get. For some reason, I don't like going in there, simply because the staff insist on greeting you every time, and it annoys me....But it does have a good selection of CDs. I came out with a Bravery album. No doubt my mom's going to try to steal that. She said she liked the first Braverysong she heard, and that it sounds a bit like Joy Division...except she doesn't like Joy Division. I sort of feel guility, for really liking this band. I couple of year back, Brandon sais some pretty bad stuff about these guys... I also got the new Bloc Party album, "Intimacy". It's apparently pretty good, and I like Bloc Party, so it was worth a try. I didn't stick around there long. There was a 7 year old girl who insisted on reading outloud every song name on a Demi Lovato CD. But she couldn't really read very well, so it took her a long time. It got annoying. I did, however, get to see this Killers set, which had Sam's Town, Hot Fuss, and Sawdust all on one, including a poster. I considered it, but turned it down in the end...Probably a posted you can get on amazon.com anyway. Not really worth it.

The mall wasn't terribly interesting either. The puzzle shop that my sister and I like is closing down. It's only been open for a few months. I also had no intention of going shopping for clothes for my Dad, so we just wandered. Turns out the age of when you reduce yourself to wearing all-Abercrombie is getting younger. Some of the girls I saw were like 6...Shouldn't they still be wearing like Gap and Target? It's sad, especially when they try to give me stares as if to say "I'm better than you". The saddest thing was the girls in Victoria's Secret...If you try to idolize Victoria in any way, you need help. If you're 6 years old and try to idolize her...you really need help. The place was packed...really sad.

That was pretty much my day. I'm gonna eat now, then play a game with my sister and mom, then get all upset again. Next time I speak, I'll be miserable again. Get used to it. You may think I'm being overly-dramatic...and maybe I am, but this is me at the moment.

Until tomrrow. That is, if I survive tomorrow.

Bye,

0 comments: