BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sorry, We're Experiencing A Bit Of A PSB Breakdown Over Here...

Hello!

Current Status...

Current Mood: Tired
Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Orange Juice
Watching: Myself Type
Playing: Music?
Listening To:This Is Not The End - The Bravery

Just felt like fitting that in there. Got that from my sort-of-friend on ACC(Animal Crossing Community) who posts that in her buddy thread every time she logs on. Moving on...

Ah, the title....What does PSB stand for, you're asking, right? PSB stands for Pet Shop Boys. I doubt that's a standard abbreviation, but I'm using it. Does it stand for anything else? I can't think of it anything else currently....Now, if you weren't born in the 80s, then congratulations if you know who these guys are. If you don't, then I'm not entirely surprised, but you're missing out on something truly amazing. Pet Shop Boys were, basically, an 80s pop/techno group/band. For an 80s band, they have a fairly normal name, as apposed to stuff like Duran Duran and Depeche Mode! About a month ago, my iPod was charging, so I started listening to my mom's iPod instead. In it, I discovered Pet Shop Boys, a song called "Always On My Mind". I had heard of them before, a BF favorite in fact, so I listened. And I listened. And I listened. And I fell in love with the song. For about two weeks, that was all I listened to. It took priority over The Killers, for a brief period in time. They were amazing, and I still love the song so much. Neil Tennant's voice is possibly...the 3rd best voice ever. Next to BF, and "that Galagher brother", or however you spell his last name. It's sort of resembles modern day pop-punk singers, but adds something special to it all, it's hard to explain. It works well with the music, the music being...the pop-est band I have on my iPod. But, good pop, not Coby Calait stlye pop or anything. I've currently only heard that one song, but this afternoon I intend to YouTube and find more...Here's hoping they're not just Journey, and "Always On My Mind" is there "Don't Stop Believing" equivilant -- A one-hit wonder. I'd die if they happened. I feel like I now need PSB in my life.

Second off in this post, I'd like to enquire as to who voted in my poll, other than myself? I don't know if this is a joke...But if it isn't, YOU NEED HELP!!! They all look amazing! Take a close look at a picture! If this doesn't help, go return to Joe Jonas and Edward Cullen, you clearly need more of a life, little girl.

Well, I won't linger on that topic. I doubt I'll be lingering online for much more at the moment, my online radio station is currently dishing me out an unhealthy dosage of piano rock/soft rock. Seriously, you add Keane to your band list, and they give you this? My radio station is having somewhat of a personality crisis at the moment. Sometimes it'll play some pop-punk and emo, sometimes alternative, sometimes depressing piano rock, and sometimes some 80s pop or oldies. If only I could make my mind up aout which genre I like best, is I guess what it all comes down to.

Anyway(I say that word too much...), sometime last night, my mom's iPod decided to break. Not snap in half or anything, but it just wouldn't turn on. My Dad looked into it, and in his overly-pessimistic way, told us that the iPod had no chance of survival whatsoever, something to do with the battery. Without consulting me, he headed to Amazon to look for a replacement iPod for my mom. You see, I've been wanting a new iPod for a while now. Obviously, the guitar had to come first on my Christmas list, so I couldn't also get it. But the iPod is now first on my birsthday list...So, to see my mom almost gettinga new iPod was very...upsetting to myself. I get all hung up about little things like that, you see. It's sort of the opposite of what you see typically...You see 12 year old girls flashing off their pink iTouches and 4th generation Nanos to their friends, and their mothers, if anything, have iPod Shuffles and listen to The Who or Rolling stones when they have a spare minute. My mom's iPod was 3rd generation, mine was 2nd. Slightly weird.

It seemed to me, that my Dad had no respect or consideration for my opinion, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him. I guess that when you sign the imaginary fatherhood contract, you expect some hate from your children, but I feel this to be TOTALLY UNFAIR. Later on , my a-lot-nicer-than-my-Dad, mother offered me the iPod as an early birthday present, so she could have my old one. Not an easy decision. For various reasons-

-I have...a sort of bond with my current iPod, I don't want to not use it without much warning

-It makes me look bad, a new iPod, like I'm begging my parents for all the cool stuff

-I'm gonna get in really bad moods in the next couple of months, a new iPod in April would really help all of that, instead of a lot of little presents

See? I'm still considering all of this, and it's annoying me.

Moving on...

The time is currently 4:11, my time zone. The afternoon is basically dissapearing, the sun is sort of going now...At this time, this certainly is not the perfect day to have 3 quizes tomorrow. I have an LA one tomorrow, which is basically vocab, about 10 words, which I haven't studied for, but shouldn't be too hard. Secondly, the math one. I'm happy we're finally getting this done, it's been approaching for a couple of weeks, but Christmas and snow has got in the way. I don't really know what it's on...but i'll do fine.

So, 1/2 an hour, an hour of studying there? No problem, if not we had a Spanish quiz added on to it. She told us about it today, 1 day to study. Only four days going over 1 page of vocab. No one's going to do well, I'll be lucky to get an 80. I'm completely terrifed of this at the moment!

Sould be going now, I really do need to "hit the books" if I want to keep my A in Spanish(I feel it slipping away as I type...)

Bye,

0 comments: