BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eight Days Left...Plus, The "Impending Doom"


Hey there,


So, eight days left. Eight days, eight days, eight days. And this is the point when I begint to have worries about it. For example, it's snowing fairly heavily outside at the moment. if it snows on the 26th, there'll be issues. Still, rain or snow, I'll see The Killers. Nothing stops them. Also, Brandon is known to have throat problems. God, I hope he doesn't go down with one now. Sure, my concert date is near the beginning of the tour, so it shouldn't happen. But, you never know. Whatever, let's keep a posotive attitude.


^title^. So, the impending doom. I've just realised, that I listen to my iPod way too loud. if I lend one earphone to a friend to listen to a song, she/he will say "Woah, that's so loud, turn it down!" or something along those lines. One earphone is too loud for them, and I'm listening to double that and I'm fine with it. Basically, I'm going to be deaf by the age of 30. Fun, fun, fun.


Yesterday was a "sucky"(I sound really preppy saying that) day. First off, for a while I've been dying to watch HAARP, and I lost it. Turns out my mom stole it to listen to the CD, but I spent all afternoon looking for it. It was tedious, but it's not like I hve anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon.


Secondly, my iPod decided to freeze sometime yesterday. It was just on "shuffle", and I finished listening to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. I went back to the main menu, and it froze, saying it's playing, but no sound is coming out. Turns out this was exactly the same virus thing my mom's iPod had caught just a couple of weeks prevously. But, my Dad decided to do just this - Wipe every song off my iPod. All 450ish of them. The virus cleared, and he tells me "Now you just have to put all your songs back onto your iPod again!". Yeah, that certainly sounds like my responsibility to do. I don't care if he cleared it, he should be the one to put the songs back onto my iPod again. I'm still "ticked" off at him about that. I'll try to persuade him to put the songs bac on later today. So, I spent the whole morning listening to the five TK music videos I put on my mom's iPod - Bones, Human, Mr. Brightside, Read My Mind, and Somebody Told Me(Added it only a couple of days ago). When you listen to music 90% of the time you're awake, five songs, even if they're Killers songs, can get boring. I switched over to my online radio station(The one having a personality crisis, remember?). Well, today it's feeling sort of grungey/angsty, at the moment it's play "Self Esteem" by The Offspring.


So, among other reasons, yesterday sucked. Today is starting better. We were supposed to go shopping today(I desperatly need more clothes...) but the snow stopped us. Instead, we went over to my neighbour's house to see her new cat. The cat is somewhat "cute"(Ah, I'm turning prepy!), and it has really bright amber eyes. Her name is Coco. They only got their first cat a year ago, and they have a dog as well. The little spoiled brat just gets bored of her animals, and needs a new one every year. Last year, she asked us to come round(When I say "us" I mean "my sister". My neighbour hates me) and kept saying how cute her cat was. So, now that cat is older and lost its cuteness and everything, she's planning ways to keep the old cat away from the new one. And she lost total interest in the dog ages ago. The mother always seems like the sort of mother who's read every parenting book ever written, but she somehow gives in to giving her daughter 3 animals...Which is a little weird. It's not like the girl doesn't have enough toys to play with already. She gets a new American Girl Doll every couple of weeks, her count of Webkins is in the 60s, and she has a laptop. She does act like the typical "spoiled girl" stereotype. She certainly has no respct for me - And she's obsessed with my sister. Needless to say, I went home after an hour.


Now, I'm not the sort of person who would boast her "weirdness" at every possible oppurtunity, but I have been weird today. On AnimalCrossingCommunity, I discovered a thread which discusses various stereotypes, and a new one occured - "Scene". I only heard about this recently, and I was curious. For those who don't know, scene is just another one of those pointless stereotypes, sort of like emo. You wear black with loads of neon colors, band t-shirts, graphic t-shirts, animal print clothes, tiaras, tutus, neon tights and leggings, skinny jeans, Converse, Vans, looads of jewelry, and huge hair. It's just the new "emo". Honestly, I think the style looks pretty weird...But I was interested at how they got their hair that way. Again, I don't like the look, but seriously; How do they get their hair like that?! I spent forever looking at videos of poser emo and scene kids doing their hair and stuff...I know, that was weird. I also saw a news report, talking about a sort of "discrimination" about emos and scenes from other stereotypes. Some people need a life if they beat up every scene kid they see on the street...And it played "Just Like Heaven", our world anthem, as a song showing gothic subculture. Hahaha. They can call The Cure as gothic as they want, but at least they're not fake emo dudes like My Chemical Romance or anything(DIE DIE DIE, emo bands!)


Based on the last paragraph, this would be the perfect place to put my "stereotype rant" I'll save that for another day, it might go on a bit, though it will happen.


I'll probably forget when the time comes, but happy MLK day to everyone, and to everything he did for the US. And congrats to Obama for Tuesday!


That's about it for now, I've added a picture(Isn't the suit gorgeous?!)


Eight days - Bye!

1 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

your neighbor sounds lik every other girl that's in 3rd grade right now. Lemme guess, she's really into Disney stars and has a calender with a kitten picture on it. Figures.

She has a LAPTOP? Life is SO not fair.