BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, Have You Ever Seen The Lights?

Happy, er Tuesday?

Well, happy Tuesday. Personally, I hate Tuesdays almost as much as Mondays, and I can't really explain that. But anyway...

Remember that epic post yesterday? That's the one, the unnaturally long(For my blog anyway) post. Well, that huge post has now bled me dry of any ideas of what to write about today. But this post will still involve some content, considering I always find something to write about. So, like always, how about we start with school?

To start with, I did get a decent ammount of sleep last night. Less than I should be getting, but still, so I did manage to make it through the day(Barely). Anyway, today we finally cleared out our Math binders. And not a day too soon - Mine's a total mess. I had huge organisation issues last year(Not so much issues, but just laziness). This year hasn't been so bad. Maybe it's because the teachers don't have leactures, commitees, squadrons, and whatnot dedicated to checking if we're organised. It's giving some sense of freedom. I also have a Socail Studies quiz tomorrow. Greece is getting boring fast. Still, not as boring as Mesopotamia last year. I'm still having nightmares from that. *shudder* And in Spanish today, we had Double Spanish which is a first for me. I hate Spanish, but it meant we missed Engineering, which is worse. Both Spanish classes are starting a big project, and we had to go over stuff. I was more preoccupied with writing the Killers logo on my binder. It's coming out as the best logo I've ever done. I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible! I onyl got to do the outline, and the dots in the "k" but it's an improvement. Looks amazing!

In LA we saw the "I Had a Dream" speech. It was really cool, amazingly interesting to watch. We had to watch it again in Enrichment, but identify figurative language (*shudder again*). At the end, when we were aloud to talk(Talking to those people? I think not) I started writing more Killers stuff with my hi-lighter, and my friend drew one of her "Brandon Bunnie" pictures for me. He's jumproping and saying "See you in my trailor!" Um, yay? How should I react to this?!

Ergh, I have to get an idea for my I Had A Dream thing tonight. I said to my mom earlier "The World's Perfect". Which it is! It's big, important men in office who screwed the world, why don't we leave it to them to sort it out? A 7th grade MLK-esque speech is about as useful to the world as buying recycled junk to help the environment. Who cares anyway? We're gonna die when we're 70-80 anyway. Let's leave everything to the next generation, okay?

Well, I have nothing to do today. I deperately need a life beyond my computer, it's really getting to me now. It's sad really. I might tune by guitar later though...At the moment, I'm having a whole Sam's Town-run through. I'm currently at "My List" which is one of the worst on the album(It's written about TANA FLOWERS). But this album is fantastic. I'm sick of people who have bought Killers albums, but not necesserily fans, saying "Sam's Town sucked so much, Hot Fuss was a billion times better!" or something along those lines. Who cares anyway? Quoting BF - "We're still finding our sound". Maybe it's time to face the facts that bands change over time. specially in the early albums, the sounds will be really different. Its sort of stupid to compare HF to ST..they're totally different albums. It's basicaly comaring Bruce Springsteen to Duran Duran...those typically wouldn't be put together. Many people just want another Hot Fuss...well that might never happen. Sure, 80s pop will always be with them, but don't expect another HF. The Killers have potential to be going for another 20 years(If band relations and everything goes okay), and when their 15th album is releases, people will say "Good album, not as good as Hot Fuss though". That's sort of arrogant. There's sort of an assumption that there will never be another Mr. Brightside or Hot Fuss, which is wrong. Hot Fuss was their brekathrough album - Their birth into the music world. It was glitzy, eyecatching, an unforgetable. So what, Sam's Town doesn't have those qualities. Hot Fuss had to be memorable, they needed attention more than anything back then. If you're under 70, you've heard of Mr Brightside, right? It's amazing. But Somebody Told Me and Mr Brightside were also breakthrough singles. Not necesserily the best. There will be another Hot Fuss, and another Mr. Brightside. Maybe it'll sound different, but it will be equally amazing, just give them time! ...I guess what I'm saying here is, just shut up your comments that Sam's Town sucked. If you only "understand" one album, then don't go to YouTube and hate-comment on their Sam's Town music videos. So, Sam's Town and Day And Age weren't quite as good as Hot Fuss...get over it. They're 6 years old, aren't they aloud a few first albums to still explore their sound? I love all three albums, and yes I would mark Hot Fuss over the others, but I still think Sam's Town is incredible. Quit hating the albums(Especially the US. 1/2 as many album Sam's Town sales as Hot Fuss!). Hot Fuss was their "English album", Sam's Town was their an "American" one. The "best English band to come out of America" was giving something back to you - be happy for it! Smile about Sam's Town, even if you don't really mean it.

Well, I honestly didn't mean to go on that "rant". But, it's something that needed to be said here sooner or later. Half way through that, Sam's Town finished and I started up Day And Age. I'm playing it super loud now, having a bit of a Losing Touch breakdown, on my iPod speakers/radio I got for Christmas. Turns out the radio doesn't work very well, my Dad needs to fix that later. I now really want a CD player. A lot of albums I've got...I haven't finished yet. I really need to listen to all of them before I buy any more, so I do need a CD Player badly.

Anyway, last night I read my Blender magazine, and flipped through the American Songwriter article about The Killers. The pictures ROCK. There's one A-4 size one of Brandon..ah. Looks so good! I might end up cutting the pictures out and putting them up in ym school locker Only problem with that is Ronnie's on the other side...

Ah yes, my poll is closed. 3 votes, hoorah! Could have been worse. I might open a new one up soon.

Well, there was something else I wanted to say here, but I'll save it for another day. I ned to go and give myself a headache over my I Had A Dream thing.

Bye!

0 comments: