BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Mornings Suck

Hello,

As we all know, there is a lot of Controversy in the world. Always has been, always will. People have opinions, and that's how it all starts. But I bet there's one thing that everyone can agree on - Monday Mornings suck. Unless you're hugely famous or have millions in the bank and don't have to work Monday mornings...they suck. Today was no better. Actually, it doesn't help if you can't get to sleep for 3 1/2 hours after you started trying to sleep. I don't know what was happening to me last night, but I just couldn't sleep. For a start, I had a Franz Ferdinand song stuck in my head ALL NIGHT. Franz Ferdinand are good...But it was the same "Sorry, angel" line, or something like that, over and over again in my head for several hours. I also had a lot going through my mind that night...Though very little had anything to do with my life, or today, or anything, just random thought. For around two hours, I had a sort of debate in my head regarding how the media swarms celebrities and their private lives, or something like that. I don't know, but I do hope I get more sleep tonight. Working today was impossible.

Well, before I forget:

1985 - Bowling For Soup

Woo Hoo Hooooo!
Woo hoo hooooo!
Hoo hooooooooo!
Debbie just hit the wall,
She never had it all,
One Prozac a day,
Husband's a CPA,
Her dreams went out the door,
When she turned 24,
Only been with one man,
What happened to her plans?
She was gonna be an actress,
She was gonna be a star,
She was gonna shake her ass(ass),
On the hood of White Snake's car,
Her yellow SUV,
Is now the enemy,
Looks at her average life,
And nothing, has been all right,

Since Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Woo Hoo Hooooo!
Woo Hoo Hooooo!
She’s seen all the classics,
She knows every line,
"Breakfast Club", "Pretty In Pink"Even,
"St. Elmo's Fire",
She rocked out to Wham!
Not a big Limp Bizkit fan,
Thought she'd get a hand,
On a member of Duran Duran,

Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin?
And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
When did reality become T.V?
What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows, (on the radio)

Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Woo Hoo Hooooo!
She hates time, make it stop
When did Motley Crue become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop, stop, STOP(tick tick tick)

And bring back Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 1985

Woo Hoo Hooooo!

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana(1985)There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV (1985) (Woohoo)
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool (1985)
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Like it? I love the lyrics to this. My favorite being "Thought she'd get her hand on a member of Duran Duran". Getting a hand on a member of Duran Duran=The 80s high school girl dream. This song is amazingly well-made.

Well, I just had a million Kitkats because I'm so tired today(Just waiting for the crash...)...

Anyway, today was an okay-ish day at school. The band/orchestra/chorus had their Winter Concert today, so I got to miss Social Studies(But this got swithced around later, so I did end up having SS), and half of Engineering. Other than that fact, the concert was really boring. All the Orchestra songs sounded the same, the Chorus ones were...weird, and I was half asleep by the time band started playing. At least it mixed the day up a little - Normal days are so boring. But because of all the stuff happening, plus snow, no days are "normal" at the moment.

The rest of the day went by fastish. I wore my Victims tee again to see if my science teacher had explored any TK music, but seeing as he didn't comment again, he either hasn't listened yet, or hates them. Hoping for the first option! We finally had our LA vocab quiz, and we had to write an essay about figurative language(After all the figurate language work we did last year...I never want to hear about it again. So, think how happy I was when we had to do it again this year) on the back.

FYI, I have an essay to do tonight, which is why I'm writing this earlier than I would normally. I always leave these essays till the last minute, so expect this to be a regular writing time on Monays from now on...

And now, onto politics...it's MLK day next week, or this week, I'm not sure. Well, we have to write "I have a dream..." speeachs, about something important happening in the world. Urgh. Don't get me wrong, MLK was amazing, but the essay is going to suck. Everyone is going to writing an amazinly bad, over-done, boring, speech. Also, I don't really care about much stuff happening at the moment. I'm probably just selfish, because none of the typical 2008-2009 problems in the world effect me much, but I'm so sick of hearing about it all. If I hear one more thing about global warming, I'm going to personally go round to Al Gore's house and punch his teeth out. Seriously, it's obsessive. I'd say 50% of kids are going to write about Global Warming, 40% about the economy, 5% about Iraq, and 5% about healthcare, education, border security and stuff like that. Basically, it's just going to be really boring.

To add to this, George Bush is getting kicked out of The White House soon. So this, in the case of most blogs, is when I start to ramble about how much I hate the guy, and that he wrecked the US while he was President. I'm not doing that. Being an outsider up until August 2007, I can't say much about him. No, I didn't exactly like him, but the George Bush hate speeches are getting as old and boring as the Barack Obama love speeches.

...I can't believe I just wrote those paragraphs, I hate talking about politics.

This blog post is turning about to be pretty long, but I still have a little more to say today.

Just bought some songs on iTunes yesterday. I know most kids my age worship music, and buy songs every day, but for me I only but every week, or couple of weeks. I'm not that much into music. The songs I purhcased were

1985 - Bowling For Soup(duh)
A Great Big Sled - The Killers(2006 unheard of Christmas single)
The Reflex - Duran Duran(Oh yeah, 80s!)
Meantime - The Futureheads(This has a very English feel to it)
Bittersweet Symphany - The Verve(Beautiful song)
Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon( I bet the 10 year old little boy inside you got the better of you when I mentioned that song name, didn't t? No wonder Q said the album was best of 2008, this song is amazing! )

I also went to Barnes And Noble today, to get Blender magazine, and American Songwriter, which has The Killers stuff in it. The AS one has TK on the cover! I haven't read that one yet, but I read the Blender one. It's a short, interestng interview. Brandon talks about how he talks baby talk to his son on the phone....Aw.

As expected, I was in a bad mood yesterday, so I ddin't really want to say in there for very long yesterday. I did see a book that explains a human obsession - music. And not the whole "I'm completely obsessed with The Killers!!!" obsession type thing. The brain, everyone, needs music. You hear it every day. Even if you have 10 songs on your iPod, and listen to your iPod once a year, you still need music, its impossible to live without it.

Other than that, I did see another book I wanted - A Kurt Cobain biography. And, my typical parents, wouldn't let me get it - because of the stuff that happened in Kurt's life. That annoyed me A LOT. Do they think I'm not old enough to understand? Or too young to take it seriously? Or too young to actually hear about drugs? Or do they simply think I'm going to do the stuff that he did in his life? Maybe it's just the fact that it's...real. They sent me to Camp Kieve, where we talked about drugs. They were fully aware of that. Any kid with a brain knows that just because a celebrity did it, doesn't make it good to do. Let's say, I was in Barnes And Noble, and asked to buy Twilight. My parents say "What's it about?" and I say "it's about a girl called Bella, who's in love with a vampire, and when she's not swooning over her boyfriend, she does Cocaine" Well, in that case, they would have still let me buy Twilight. Why? Because it's just a story. Obviously, Kurt's life wasn't a story, but that doesn't make it any worse for me to hear that stuff. I really like his music. Aren't I entitled to a little more information about him? So, his life wasn't the most child friendly life ever, but does that make it worse to hear about? I think I'm old enough to know. Let's face it, it could have been worse. I wasn't picking up Slash's biography or anything....So, I don't get what's so bad. I'm entitled to know about him, no matter whatever happened in his life, aren't I? My parents are over-reacting, big time. Next time I go into Barnes ands Noble, I will came out with a Kurt Cobain biography, one way or another...

One last thing, finally got my profile picture to work! YAY, check it out! Obviously it isn't me...we all know who it is. Isn't it the best picture ever?!

Wow, this post got long. I need to go now, to start that essay.

Bye,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it Heavier then Heaven?!
If so, well, as long as you don't mind knowing that Kurt had some very demented thoughts, and don't mind a lot of cursing, you should be fine. 'Cept for no matter what it is, it's gonna end sad. o.O

Monday mornings DO suck. >.>

Naomi said...

I don't know...I can't remember the title. There were like 3 in Barnes And Noble.