BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Rant That Should Have Been Done A While Back

Welcome to the ultime blog post of 01/03/09.

Well, today I will post mainly about a rant and/or that should have been made back in early November, really. But, at the time, I was typing completely like a n00b(Well, yes, I still do. But I feel like I'm less of a n00b than I was back then) and I couldn't really write a half-decent rant about it? I recall saying it sucked and something about the air guitar competition, but that was about it. Also, I'd like to keep this is reference, if I ever I might need it. I'd also like to mention, if someone at school is reading this, whatever is said here about anyone, stays here. Okay? Well, here I go.

My school is unbelievably into team work, leadership, being pro-active and all that cheesy stuff that no one listens to or cares about. So, 7th grade have to go to a "Leadership School", sounding cheesy already, isn't it? Well, basically, it's this place in Maine that you go to learn about all that junk that I posted above.

It was something I knew I was going to hate, and my parents still forced me to go. I can't live without my computer, or my TV, or my online buddies, or decent food. Thank god we were aloud to bring iPods. Come Monday we had to get up early to go to the school. Followed by a couple of hours in a bus with all the 7th grade idiots I hate enough already(Unlike it was supposed to, this trip inspired no friendship between me and anyone else). They put on some bad movie in the background, so I listened to my iPod all the way. The only peace and quiet I got all week really.

On the bus trip, we got to hear cabin groups. 14 of us, and 2 cabin staff. I'd rather shoot myself, for the most part. As for as people went, it was about the set-up I had expected. There was a hill, and the girls got the the top of the hill, closest to the bus(Because girls always need to have bigger cabins because we bring like a million hairstraighteners and makeup bags, and aren't strong enough to carry our bags down the hill like the boys can. Sexist much?)and the guys got the ones down the hill. The ones down the hill were being renovated so it was noisy down there. Anyway, our cabin staff were Jessica, and Chris. Chris is the sort of overly-energetic "go go go" dictator personality. Jessica was decently cool. She was a Killers fan. We got to listen to music every night, and she would put on The Killers or Snow Patrol or something. She had been to a TK concert, but Brandon had throat problems so they couldn't play. I recall seeing videos of that night, so it was a weird deja vu experience when she told us that.

Our cabin was actually a pretty big, but I didn't enjoy being there much. Each cabin had a name, can't remember ours. Something "wildlife-y". We had to keep our shoes out side. Screw that, I brought them in every day. There was basically a front and a back to the cabin, each with four bunks.The back end, that I was staying in was typically pretty neat, and despite my organisation issues at school, I kept my area nice. *halo* There was an extra bunk, but it was really squeaky and couldn't use it. For some reason, I decided I "needed" a top bunk. It turned out that being on top wasn't a very good thing. There were no steps up, and it was uncomfortable getting up anyway, because you had to use the little shelves or the framework of the beds instead. It also squeaked a lot all the time. I tried to stay up there as little time as possible. I was blessed to have the squeaky bunk next to me, so that was basically my territory. That's where I spent most of my free time.

Free time was pretty scarce in there. You got up at 7, had about 1/2 an hour to get ready before breakfast. After that you had 15 minutes to get ready for classes until 3. Then you weren't back until 5. You had some time then to get ready before dinner. Then you weren't back until around 8:30. It was really strict, a boot camp, at least that's what it felt like. All I required was like an extra 1/2 hour to just relax and listen to music or read, or do nothing at all

Showers were 3 minutes long. 3 minutes? INSANELY STUPID! I took mine at night. There was a schedule, very strict one. If I got my stuf out earlier, it gave me a little extra time to listen to music(I took this at every possible oppurtunity)at night the cabin staff would do each others hair and play music. I listened to music. Other girls would talk. I got to listen to very very little music at all that week, so it was a blessing when I did. Screw conversation and friendship, I'm gonna listen to Smashing Pumpkins instead. I do recall, having a HUGE "Zero" by SP obsession that week. Our cabin sometimes played games, or cards and stuff. I had very little enthusiasm to do this whatsoever. Bed was early, but I listened to music a good half hour after it was "lights out".

The most memorable of "the cabin experience" was a little inside joke that happened along the way. While I was taking my not-very-warm 3 minute shower, a couple of friends decided to take a look on my iPod. They didn't recognise too much. When I came out, they told me they'd found a song called "Rape Me" on my Ipod and they were disturbed. This evolved into our own little Rape Me inside joke that still holds now.

Anyway, we had "classes" through the day, until 3. I seem to run on time. I can't live without a clock in front of me. No clocks anywhere, this made lessons worse. The classes were "Solo", "Adventure", "Relationships", "Decisions", "Skills", "toolbox" and "Communication". My class"red loyalty"(REALLY cheesy) was pretty boring. Most of the time was spent with our "homeskill" teacher Shell. She taught us toolbox, Decisions, Skills, Solo, and Communications. What a great example she was - She was the obsese one with the nose ring. Heather taught us relationships, and a some guy taught as Adventure(Couldn't be bothered to learn his name) A brief explanation about each -

Solo. Maine, October= very very very cold. And there I was in Converse. Solo you had to sit outside and "think", "enjoy nature", or write, for an hour. I found it painfully boring. Some enjoyed it, but i think they were just being suck ups. It was down by the guys' cabins, and right by the huge lake that we had to "enjoy", but actually just made the experience colder and more miserable.

Adventure. Some people loved this, I also hated it(Seeing a theme to this place?). There were ropes course, climbing wall ect. A lot of the time was spent insidebecause of rain. People assume that thissomehow ties into self esteem and all the other cheesy stuff. People just assumed that because I'm really really shy and stuff, that this would be so amazingly hard for me. FYI, I don't have much of a fear of heights. Most of them were fine. On one, my hands froze, and the rope got stuck, so I had to come down, not because I was scared. The guys also bugged me. He said "Guys, I'llalways be honest to you". I really couldn't care if hewasn't honest. Dude, you're with us for 5 days, don't try to create a bond, it's not gonna work.

Relationships. Stereotypes, judgements, friends, and *gulp* sexual harassment. What an experience that class was.

Decisions. Most. Stupid. Class. Ever. I think I can make a decision by myself, thank you very much. Who cares if I'm offered drugs or alcohol, whatever a Leadership school says, I'll make my own decision.

Skills. I don't even know. I wasn't paying any attention.

Toolbox. General review of the day.

Communication. I don't even need this, I don't talk to anyone anyway.

I found these all very boring, tedious, patronizing, and overall painful. It raned a lot, and it was really cold. The guys wouldn't get over the relationships class. I payed very little attention. It was really tedious. I didn't want to come there, I'll do what I want.


The food there tended to either be really good or really disgusting. We had 3 meals+3 snacks a day. By Wednesday, I was craving sugar. I was sick of the food. I was sick of the snacks. I was sick of the disgusting water. My cabin also had to set up breakfast everyday, which I was sick off.

We also did some "evening activited" which were the worst. First day=evening games. Boring as heck, basically. I thought I'd escaped didgeball in this place...Second day=building a boat. Called it "the neon tiger" after the TK song. That was the only imput I had in the whole thing. Yay. Third day=Ait guitar competition. Oh my gosh, that sucked. "Air guitar" doesn't mean "dance competition", girly girls. We did So What by Pink. Among other trashy sugestions, came out Fall Out Boy, by someone saying "They have a lot of guitar!". I'm sorry, no. Go listen to Metallica, if that's your idea of a lot of guitar. We lost, because "it had been done the week before". SURPRISING! SHOCKER!Forth day=disco. Now, this was just plain crazy. Everyone ended up in tears, including some of the guys, for a reason I couldn't quite understand. Little miss Linkin Park was forcing me to dance. One rule I live by=I don't dance to songs I don't like. At one point she said "Dance now! This is rock!". Rock? The song was Shake it by Metro Station. Anyway, the theme to the dance was "Come As You Aren't". Hmm. I bet very few people my age could even recognise what song is being parodied right there. You had to dress up. I didn't. Stupid. To which Little Miss Linkin Park laughed at me. Her problem. I got to listen to music while the craziness in my cabin was happening.

To top everything off, some of my 6th grade teachers came along to. Including my stupid, idiotic, perverted Social Studies teacher, who had come along for the food and ropes corse. I went out of my way to avoid him.

My hands are tired. I'm bored, and frustrated. Do you think I enjoyed that week? You decide bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, this reminds me so much of my outdoor ed. camp experience in 5th grade. Pure torment. >.<
At least you found people to listen to music with! xD We weren't allowed to have any electronics. @_@

Jill said...

Rape Me came on my itunes when I started reading about that part...o.e

Sounds like camp was Hell. I've only been to camps overnight, and those times were when I was in girl scouts in elementary school. Usually, I'd end up in a huge fight with someone there...and one time I snuck out of the cabin in the middle of the night, and ended up going through a window...now I'm just rambling XD