BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Debbie Just Hit The Wall, She Never Had It All

Hello!

Well, like the title? That has nothing to do with anyone called Debbie. It's from a song - 1985 by Bowling For Soup. It's about time some band wrote their song about something that isn't love. Don't get me wrong, love is a nice topic of a song. Seriously, it's impossible to hate Wonderwall(Is it possible to hate Oasis at all?) But, it's got a little overdone, you have to admit. Well, this song is about an uncool mother who's still living in 1985. Isn't that a cool song, right there? This song/band is very...pop-punk/power pop. Normally, I wouldn't go for that sort of thing, but I still love this song so much at the moment. It's a very sort of....teenager-ish song. If you don't know what I mean, neither do I really - It's hard to explain. Just the sort of thing a 15 year old kid blasts from their room once school is done on a sunny afternoon, reveling in their semi-perfect life. The sort of kid who is very unique and individual, but still doesn't let bad comments get them down, and loves life. I guess you're as confused as I am now, but this song is giving me a very clear visual image of who listens to this song...Even though the theme has nothing to do with the sort of person I described up there. I'll post all the lyrics tomorrow. But the chorus is

Since Bruse Springsteen, Madonna
Way Before Nirvana
There was U2, and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cause she's stil preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Unique, you have to admit! This song would be the perfect song to parody, I think. Like, change the lyrics to fit someone being stuck in 2005-2008 time period....I'll do this later, and post my creation sometime in the future.

Well, it turns out no one posted any comments on my post yesterday, regarding ideas to put in my 50th post. If you have any idea of what to put in, please do.

Well, here comes the boring stuff...

Right now, I am so sick of snow. Up until a few minutes ago, it was snowing. Now it's stopped. It'll start again in a few minutes. It's completely stopping us from going anywhere! I'm just stick of being in the house on the computer all day. Well, I can't say this is going to stop any day soon, considering it's only January. The only posotive thing that might come of all this snow this year is the possibility of a snow day or early release or something. But it seems that's never going to happen, because we get days added on at the end of the year...Just give us a snow day. The teachers can catch up, and one day added on at the end of June doesn't do anything really bad!

Well, I am still the highest bidder on my Killers 2009 calender on ebay(Which I may or may not have told you about yesterday, I can't remember), and there's a bit under an hour left. I think I'll get this one....Fingers crossed. Also, the poster I was getting for Christmas sold out, so the company let me order two replacements. I got the one of them as cowboys, and a duplicate of the one I have already. So, let's see what Killers memorabillia I have currently -

- 3 Killers posters
- 1 Killers 2009 Calender(Hopefully!)
- 2 Killers t-shirt
- 1 Victims t-shirt
- 1 Victims lanyard/card
- 1 Victims Welcome Card
- 1 Killers book
- 1 Killers DVD
- 1 Killers zip-up sweatshirt

So, yeah...my collection could be bigger. I spent around an hour last night just trying to find some Killers memorabillia. I have 300 dollars at the moment, so I can buy a lot of Killers stuff. It's amazing The Killers stuff they sell. Most of the weirdest stuff was just promotional stuff, so I can't get it but...I mean - Belts, sweatbands, candy, playing cards, gas lighters, and even underwear. No, not women's underwear - Mens' underwear. @.@

There's some stuff on The Victims website I really want. 3 Killers t-shirts, 1 Killers bag, 1 Killers bottle opener, 1 Killers buttons pack...Which I will buy eventually. I also realy want these two Killers sweatshirt, around 10 other t-shirts, 5 posters, 2 caps, another two bags, 1 more book, the singles, the Hot Fuss special(With 3 extra songs), more buttons, sew on Killers logo, bages, stickers, the vinyl copies of all the albums, and basically every Killers memorabillia I can find. Some girl on The Victims designed her whole basement around TK...it looks AMAZING. Killers pictures everywhere, stickers, posters...everything. I am SO jealous.

Well, I guess I should leave it here. Possibilites for what's happening today are the same as yesterday - Sledding or shopping. Or just staying in, possibly. It depends on what the weather feels like doing later today. I just hope we do something, considering tomorrow is going to ultimate pain and torture yet again. Also, I might make my own playlist later if I feel like it. Until tomorrow,

Bye!

6 comments:

Doublebanker said...

Bowling for soups 1985 has a good beat, I was like 8 then. Don't really get some of the stuff.

Naomi said...

Yeah, the beat is really good. I only have one other song by them - Girl All The Bad Guys Want. Both are really good, but not the sort of music I would ordinarily go for.

Coco Juniper said...

Girl All the Bad Guys Want, i hav that song on my iPod. It's pretty good.

Naomi said...

Yeah, Girls All The Bad Guys Want is a good song. I think 1985 is better.

Anonymous said...

Make something... Killersish for your 50th post 8D

That song annoys me for one reason only. xD Nirvana was formed in 1987...

Naomi said...

Yes, but I remember you once saying "Nirvana were only around for about 10 years, and spent half of it building up popularity" or something like that...So Nirvana weren't very heard of in 1987?

And okay, something...Killer-ish. I'll think about it.