BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Friday!


Hi,

And...Happy Friday! Part of me feels this week went by fast, and part of me feels it took forever. Either way, it's Friday now... Best day of the week. Number 1 - Another week of school is over. I feel that is enough of a reason to celebrate, don't you? Number 2 - It is Flowers Friday, if you have OCKD, like I do. One day of the week when we completely devote ourselves to Brandon Flowers worship. Since this is somewhat of a celebration, I'm adding a cool picture. If you type in "Psychedelic colors" into Google, you'll find it. For some odd reason, I love the whole 70s Psychpodelic thing. I love colors(Says the girl who's wearing all-black today)and vibrant colors. Though I don't do the whole hippie fashion thing, or draw peace signs all over my binders(Not that I have anything agains peace, obviously). I also wouldn't be caught dead in a disco...Me, people, dancing, and bad music don't normally go together, in case you haven't noticed. I might have done an 80s disco thing...But the fashion then was equaly disturbing. It still had cool colors and lights everywhere though. Either way, this post is going psychodelic today, enjoy the party!

So, turns out all of the quizes I was talking about yesterday were pretty easy, and the LA one got moved to Monday. Well, I can thank my Spanish teacher for freaking everyone out for no real reason. I was done was plenty of time to write "The Killers" in cool letters on the back of my quiz.

Today marks the first day I'm wearing my t-shirt from The Victims. I love it!!! I would have worn it yesterday, but my mom had to shrink it, because when I got it, it came down to my knees, almost. It was a small, but an adult small, and I'm only 5 foot 1ish. I really love it, and I wore it with my Killers sweatshirt today, TK apparel forever!

Odd thing is, I only got one comment about it. That comment being from my science teacher. I mean, it could have been worse, but I hate talking to teachers, especially him. After a brief explanation of location and genre, he seemed interested, and said he'd listen to The Killers. Good good, a possiblilty of another win on our side. I described them as "alternatve", but they're more "alternative-meets-pop" sort of thing, so I hope I didn't mislead him to much with it. According to a friend, he's 34, making him only a couple of years older than the band themselves. Which would mean, he probably also grew up around the 80s disco thing, giving him a likelihood to The Killers. For some reason, he's always struck me as someone who would be hugely into Oasis and the like, which would also tie into his age group, but when he was in his 20s. Either way, I hope he learns to like them, even if I don't like him.

Just to remember, just four more days until my poll is closing, so vote now! Whatever, really, I'd just like more readers. Who wouldn't? It's nice to feel wanted, even if it's just a Blog. I encourage anyone, if they happen to stumble across this Blog, to read through. Yes, it's boring, but I love blogging, and I would love readers!

Turns out my mom's iPod wasn't broken. My Dad was just being over-dramatic, yet again. The iPod is fine, so I no longer have that problem on my hands. I might actually buy a few more videos for it soon, maybe Somebody Told Me? We'll see, it shouldn't be long until the Spaceman video comes out. The Read My Mind video took 48 hours of recording, which was a big video, so I'd say Spaceman recording is over now. I hope everything went well. I'll have to research as to how long the Read My Mind video took to edit, to give me a rought time space as to when the video will come out.

Now, I'd like the help of anyone who reads...because I'm technologically stupid. How do you put a picture to your profile? I've tried many many times, and read the FAQs and guide a million times, and whenever a try to load a picture(From the web), nothing comes up. Help? Please? Begging you! Help me bloggers, this is driving me nuts!

I was just looking at my list of stuff to put on my blog, which is saved on my computer, and remembered something. I meant to say this a while back, and didn't...

Joseph, Better You Than Me - My quick, little review. Now, this song is beautiful. Very pretty, and amazingly well done. It certainly is a world away from 2007's "Don't Shoot Me Santa" the only likeliness, other than the theme, is the guitar solo. The Killers hardly ever do anything resembling an improvisation on guitar, and they do it in Christmas songs? I'm not sure I understand their reasoning, but it's not as bad as you might think, they actually work really well. Joseph is definantly way more mellow than DSMS(Don't Shoot Me Santa!), and the beauty of the song is the lyrics, you have to listen, and they're actually easy to understand, unlike what The Killers normally do. It's a cry to Joseph, maybe Joseph's soul talking. Talking about fears and anxiety of what was about the happen, that would change his life and change the world. I'm not religious, but you don't need to be to see the beauty in these words. DSMS was somewhat of a joke, in comparison to this. Ths is the sort of thing you can cry to, if you wanted to. DSMS is the sort of thing you could dance to. Not Somebody Told Me type dancing, but you could still dance, if you wanted to. Also, this song features Neil Tennant(see my last post), and, his voice is beautiful in this song. Ordinarily, if PSB did a Christmas single, it wouldn't work for me, but Neil only does one line - "With the plane and the lathe. The work never drove you mad. You're a maker, a creator. Not just somebody's dad " Possibly my favorite lyrics in the song. So, you've got Elton John, with a sort of harsh, strong voice, Brandon with a slightly high-pithced, yet strong, beautiful, sentimental, made-for-a-Christmas-single voice. And then in the middle, things are really building up to the powerful "Joseph, Better You Than Me" lines, and Neil comes in with his...slightly feminine, yet beautiful, unique, graceful voice with that line. I guess it ties it all together.

So, all's good with it? I'm going to throw some negativity down. Just a little. First off, the music video is terrible. Obviously, they can't do another DSMS video, but...it was just really religious. Nothing wrong with the religion, but I just think it doesn't work for a music video, you know? And my second, and last, complaint to this is this - Buy the song. Listen to the song. The song's listed as "Joseph Better You Than Me". The artist is listed as "The Killers feat. Elton John and Neil Tennant", correct? Elton sings way more than Brandon. It's practically his song. No wonder the lyrics sound different, they're probably his lyrics. Somehow, I don't feel this is The Killers labeling an Elton John song as their own, it was their idea. I think Elton John stole their thunder a bit with this one, a bit over-powering. Sure, he's an impressive musician...But it looks like The Killers had very little imput in this. Should Brandon be more assertive? Heck no! I don't know how many times I've been asked that, so Iwon't ask it of him. But, maybe, he shouldn't do another song with Elton...

So overall, great song, very pretty, definantly buy it. But I doubt I'll be able to look at Elton John the same way again...

Wow, my "short, quick review" turned into quite an epic. I fear I will see myself writing reviews for Rolling Stone in 20 years now...Hopefully I have more of a life than that, right?

Until tomorrow, when, hopefully, I'll have something better to write about. This weekend should be fairly uneventful, other than the possiblity of snow tubing.

Bye!

5 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

Okay about the poll.

Half of the time I had no idea what you were talking about.

(Vegas mustache? What?)

But that may be because i don't have OCKD.

no offense.

so i did a check thing next to the "I don't know" or whatevr near the bottom.

And, I got my picture on my profile from my computer, so try that- rather then the web choice.

Coco Juniper said...

(Still hate Ronnie.)

(The rest of TK r cool, but Ronnie...)

(Just FYI)

Naomi said...

Hey Coco.

Oh, that's okay. I think you have to have OCKD...or at least an extensive knowledge of TK, to know what that was all about.

Thanks, I'll use a picture from my computer instead.

RONNIE IS AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

i like that cake i want to eat it

Anonymous said...

i like your cake i want to eat it