BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Less Than Three Weeks To Go!!!

Good day to everyone.

For some reason, I was crazily excited to post today. Not that I have any big news or anything. Today was fairly boring actually. I'm sick of block classes, I wanted to shoot myself in double math today.

Anyway, just 20 days to go until...THE BIG TK CONCERT!!! I'm really over-excited about that...and the perfect profile picture, if I meet them,since none of the internet pictures are working for me. Anyway, I should be getting ready for that. We still need to plan leaving and waiting outside late night to meet them and stuff. Wouldn't that rock? I already have my outfit planned out - My purple Killers t-shirt, light-wash skinny jeans(Nearly gray, really), my purple Converse, my Killers fleece, and a black jacket. I sound girly talking about clothes, but every detail for meeting them has to be perfect!

I brought my Killers biog into school today to show my friend. My SS teacher now knows how completely obsessed I am with these guys.

My pack from The Victims hasn't arrived yet! I'm gonna stalk the mail man now. The pack is really really cool, because each is different, the guys from the band personally handpick the items in the packs. They really do care about their loyal fans.

Oh yes, I need to say some Killers unrelated stuff before I continue. I added a poll thing.Look at it! It's probably pretty difficult to answer if you're not a fan, but I suggest you do it anyway. I want some numbers! I've been exploring a bit more of Blogger than I have in the past, so expect some new features along the sides pretty soon. I don't want to add too much, I think it crowds the blog up a bit....Also, what does everyone think of the new organisation of my blog? I'm not sure if I'm exactly...happy with it. Opinions would be nice.

Well, back to TK...

...Is it wrong if I'm in obsessivly in love with Mark in the "Bones" music video? Wow, I hope not. Because I really really do love him in that video. Brandon's wearing shades in the video, so you can't see his eyes. It sort of takes away from the appeal, but since he has the mustache he still looks good. I genuinely think Bones is a brilliant music video. Tim Burton knows his stuff, even if he is insane. I guess some would find the whole "skin-take-off" thing to be slightly disturbing, and call me emo, but I love it all. I'll post a video in a minute. Talking of Bones, I read in the Q magazine Killers thing, describe Bones as "the so-so Sam's Town single". Yeah, I am gonna disagree. I truly truly believe that Bones is the best single on Sam's Town, and one of the best allround TK singles. Despite its popularity, When You Were Young just doesn't compare. I mean, Bones is the most similar to the HF days. Synthesizers and whatnot. When You Were Young goes too far onto that Bruce Springsteen style, that I'm not to keen on. Bones has the most amazing chorus. In that you have the "Don't you wanna come with me?" that's very light in tone, and then you "crash" into "Don't you wanna feel my bones" which is 100% darker. It does sound fantastic.

I guess we're now on the topic of "music videos", now? Well, with recording for Spaceman approaching, we should start reveling in the "good old days" music videos.

Somebody Told Me was...I believe, the first single off of HF. As quoting my TK book "It's basically a video of the guys getting their Duran Duran on in the dessert". That's a humourous and accurate description. What can you expect from the first music video? It was good. I don't really think I give it the respect and recognition it deserves. I dont watch it too much, I was never a huge Somebody fan. Yes, it's a good song, but it's sort of over-rated for the popularity it reached.

Anyway, then came Brightside. Due mostly to the content it holds, this one's embarassing to show others who haven't heard it(How can you not have heard it?!) but it was well done. I believe the director/produce(Sophie-something) was also one of the girls in the video. You've got to feel sorry for Brandon in this one. New to the rock 'n' roll world, neive(SP?), young, dating, very religious, and he's already getting swarmed by girls in a video(Pretty serious stuff, actually). You can tell he's not happy with the whole thing. I guess in this case he had to show his "soldier" rather than his "soul". Oh yeah... All These Things That I've Done! Weird video. Totally insane. Makes no sense. Western rock 'n' roll. Fake mustaches. Brandon in a shower. Donkeys. Female asassins. I have no idea what to make of this video. There was a rumour that it does make sense, but there a messed up scenes. I don't know. Work it out yourself!

Smile(Like You Mean It) was a pretty video. Brandon hates it...and I love it to pieces. A story line of a house over 20ish years, with the band members as ghosts...just amazing.

When You Were Young, is my least-favorite It's the only one that really has a strong story-line, but...if you see it, you know why.

I need to start homework, so I'm going to make the rest of this quick...

Read My Mind. Amazing video. BEST MUSIC VIDEO EVER, I actually think is more suited. I can't begin to explain how much I love this video...Except Brandon kisses Ronnie's cheek when they're on bikes. No, neither are gay.

For Reasons Unknown. I don't like it too much. Sort of...boring, you know? Same would go for Tranquilize and Shadowplay...

Christmas videos. Joseph(, Better You Than Me)sucked. No Killers. I have strong opinions about this song, but I will reserve them for another post. Don't Shoot Me Santa, however, was an amazing video. Very very very funny. WATCH IT!

Well, I should go now. Homework and stuff... This post was sort of rushed.I'll post tomorrow. 20 DAYS LEFT!

Bye!

0 comments: