BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

7th Graders Who Wish They Were More

Good afternoon, blog









Hey hey hey. Ah, it's Friday. And since I actually don't need to do homework, I might as well blog. Everything's going alright at the moment(I refrain from using the time "Life's good" or anything. I'm on no particular high at the moment, just not any particular low. It sounds whiny, but I think "life's good" is a bit of an exaggeraton). This week's gone by fast, and I'm excited for the weekend. And another epic AIM chat tonight(Hopefully?), and whatever it brings. School has been fine, mostly. We finished volleyball today(Hallelujiah. This caused me to brake into a hyper rendition fo Smashing Pumpkins' "Today" to my sister.) And we had another power cut earlier, so we got to go to Chilli's. But I feel like a hypocrite today, and this is a post about school, specifically today. Well, more about the people. The behvarior of the people(I know, people suck...I rant too much at the moment)









Today, we had two quizzes. Really, no big deal. 15 minutes of studying last night, and I'd be sure to get at least a 70%(I have a good memory. Lucky me). The first one was Social Studies, we had to learn the locations/countries/capitals of 30 European countries. Since I spent forever last year learning them mostly for the fun of it, a 5-minute reminder was all I needed for some of those southern ones(Macedonia, Croatia, slovenia....Hard. To. Remember.). And, the second one was LA. I knw this one better than the Social Studies, I thought. Congigating verbs. 5 minutes and I was ready.







So, then it was 2nd period science. As always, sitting at the table in the back of the class by myself, as the two girls on my table take forever to walk like 10 meters into the next class. Once they finally decide to come, they were talking about the LA quiz. When I heard it was so hard..., I got a 45, and half the class failed. Woah. @_@. That's a first. So, of course "the quiz" was the topic of rumours and gossip for the rest of the day. Mr G even gave a speech about it in Enrichment, and a friend told me she got 22%.







And, I was of course last period LA. Which was hell for most people. We'd heard all the rumours, and everyone was scared to death. Girls walked in and said "Rip the test up the moment he gives it to you" and all that. It turns out the test wasn't hard, if you know your irregular verbs and such. I got a 91%, which was apparently in the top percent of the class. So, the big deal? I have no idea.







The world likes to panic. At least my school does. It's a highscool thing, and we all want to be highschoolers. From a young age, for most people. I have my(7-year-old) neighbour come round to my house and complain about the homework she gets. You know, the sort that takes 10 minutes to complete. My grade likes to panic about tests that really aren't too difficult. Even about those little quizzes with 5 questions, that are so insignificant they wouldn't have enough of an effect to change your overall grade at all. But, everyone watches all those teen shows, that show examples of "OHNOES HOMEWORK I GONNA FAIL SCHOOL" sort of thing. And I suppose we follow. And, you thought you gave up that behavior a while back, right?





We're 12/13. 7th grade. Really, take a look at the homework we get. Let's say an hour, maybe 1 1/2 hours if we have an essay? That really doesn't require any "freaking out", I think. Once you're in highscool, of course you get hours of homework. And I think that's a reason to freak - At least sometimes's it is. But what we do is rediculous. There's caring about your grade(Nothing wrong with that, of course) and then there's the sort of behavior we all see whenever there's a big test. Maybe it'a "cool" thing or something, but it's pathetic in my eyes. 12 years old isn't when we should be worrying about this stuff. There's nothing to worry about.



To many schools, it's uncool to "try" with your schoolwork. At our school, this doesn't apply. Those kids who get worried over "big tests" have similar respect to those who couldn't care less, if grades only apply here. I guess that makes our school rather odd. But, our school is generally a good school anyway, which would probably explain it. Actually, I think worrying is cool. The "It's just a test" behavior is what comes from the uncool kids.

But that's not the worst bit - Dances. We had one on Friday. And, joy of joys, a "pink dance". When someone would be nominated "Pink King" and "Pink queen"(Really, you've got to feel sorry for the pink king...). And of course, there's the gossip. I actually find it pretty humourous to watch the gossip. It's not like it matters, ever. LIKE OHMYGOD SHE DANCED WITH HIM?????!!!!!!!!!!. Hahaha, it's pretty pathetic(A word I use to often to describe people my own age). Soulmates on Friday, mortal enemies come Wednesday. I didn't go, of course, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot of stuff happening, and I'll be sure to catch up on the rough-gossipy details on Monday to, you know, keep up with the conversations I never contribute in. It's just...Trying to be mature. Which is ironic, seeing as it makes them seem a lot less mature to me.

I'm such a bad ranter, I don't know where to go from here. Hahaha. Hope you enjoyed it. I don't have anything to add...Um, oh yeah, I might be seeing Franz Ferdinand or Keane live in May! Can't wait!

Until sometime,

3 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

7th graders who wish they were more"...

yeah, that about sums it up.

and you do call our peers pathetic a lot. a very lot: lol. and like you say, people suck.

you're a good ranter, akshully.

OHMAIGAWD volleyball is OVER?!?! Yayayya! I didn't know that...

Anonymous said...

That's what it's like at my school too. >_< But i guess it's more excuseable 'cause we gotta get ourselves in those lovely pre AP's next year. o_O

Anywho... good job on the test! xD

Naomi said...

I know...I probably should have a little more respect for people at our school. I just don't understand them.

Thank you.

Yep!

Thanks, Kayla!