BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

'Cause I'm Miss Brightside

Hi,

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!! THE DAY! I CAN'T WAIT!!! Oh my gosh! The Killers, The Killers, The Killers...Sometimes, I feel, like I don't love them quite like I used to. But moments like this make me love them just as I did on those first few listens of Mr Brightside. They're empowering to me. They can write beautiful lyrics. They're not all about love and heartbreak, like everything else on the radio, they can actually still be beautiful. And they mean so much to me. Maybe too much, but it only rarely bothers me. If 99% of everyone claims to love music, can I not claim to simply love one band? Eeryone seems to dislike it, but I think it's okay. They mean so much to me.

As you can tell, I simply can't wait for tomorrow now. It's gonna rock. If you go back to January 19 through to January 26, you'll see my random outbursts of excitement. I don't want to bore anyway. Instead...Yeah, I'll bore you, and randomly talk about my day for no reason. Also, it's hard to obsess right now...I'm doing like five things at the same time, on several different windows up. And I'm singing. So, concentrating right now is hard. It may not seem like I'm excited, but trust me, I am.

And, speaking of hard to concentrate 'cause of the concert, today was the most impossible day ever. Today was my friends' birthdays(Caralyn and Rachel; Happy birthday!), so I tried not to talk about the concert too much. I had Social Studies first period, and we had to draw Europe and its natural landmarks from memory. It was relaxed, and fun. I really need to learn to draw the north of the UK...The south was total perfection, but the rest looked like a top hat. And, I seemed to think there was some landmass the size of California inbetween France and Spain, and Russia ended up weird, but it was okay. I got most of the landmarks correct, at least. I had Science next, and we were doing these experiments...Basically, we had strings attached to the screws on our cars, with weights at the back. We lit the string with a match, and when it burned it released and the car and weight went flying. I was worried Brandon would get burned, but he turned out just fine.

Then I had Spanish. It was a multiple choice quiz, which I did okay on for the most part. And, I got to write "The Killers" in bubble writing on the back, which is always a plus. Then I had health...We're getting into what would be considered the "awkward topics" pretty soon. Today we watched a video about boys, and the balance between stereotype and biology in their growing up. It was actually very interesting. There was this experiment where the mother was playing with a baby, and then she just stopped...And about 70% of girls would sit there. I was part of the 30% who would start bawling. I was such a weird baby.

Then I had math, and we did some more algebra, I finished my graph, then went to my folder and finished my Samurai Sudoku we started a couple of weeks ago. I know it's weird for me to love Sudoku...But, want to know something even more weird? I love algebra. Like, it's my favorite math-y thing to do. Everyone seems to hate it, but it's so much...Fun! The longer the better, quite frankly. I love the ones where it has a million groupings, and it looks so confusing, and it takes forever to finish, but they're so much fun to me. I'd never get bored. Yeah, I'm a freak. Then we had lunch, and LA...Where we summarized an article about wether we should cut art and music programms in our schools...And, here's my opinion. We should. Everyone complains about not having money, when we waste money on stupid things. The elementary school got like seven Smart Boards a while back. We have a biggish library that only a handfull of people use. We have five homerooms per team(Big teams, at least), when we could use four. We don't need guidance councelors, as I see it. And, we don't need art, or music. Especially art. Why do it? We use art skills when doing other projects. And we do it at home. It doesn't teach us anything, and we get very little of it;. When worst comes to worse, Math, LA, and Science always...Come first.

...Crud, that ryhmed...

And then I came home, and put on Day And Age, and TOTALLY FANGIRLED OUT! I can barely think straight, which is why this post sucks. Oh, and there's to be a special guest at the concert...CHAIRLIFT! Heard of them? They're annoying, but catchy, two things that go hand-in-hand. They had a song in an iPod commercial once. I don't know if that means they're opening...Because I think M83 are still with them...But, it'll be cool. I also hope they'd do A Dustland Fairytale, too. God, they'd better be awesome. I know they will.

And...That's that. If I gt up early enough, then I'll have time for a post, but no promises. The plan for tomorrow is...Get up, get memory card for camera, pack stuff, blog, bug parents to get up and go, eventually leave, drive for like two hours down to Connecticut, wait in line for forever, get in, HAVE THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE, wait outside for band, meet band, freak out, go back to hotel, try to sleep...And, on Sunday we're gonna drive down to Weathrsfield, look around CT for a while...Come back, talk to people, blog, do homework.

It's gonna rock.

A post tomorrow, I will try to do.

Wish me...Fun!

Naomi,

0 comments: