BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo, And All That Jazz

Hey guys,



Today was a normal day, concidering we're so far behind in Spanish we couldn't even have a celebration today like we rightfully deserve.



Otherwise, I've been okay. My alarm clock didn't go off, so I got up later...And was late to school, and then got the stuff for the wrong classes, and had to go back to my locker in the middle of homeroom, which annoyed me, but the day continues.



I have LA first...Double LA in fact, and hoorah for that. We were doing an essay test for the book, The Witch Of Blackbird Pond, that we're reading. I did five pages, double-spaces, describing the differences of Barbados and Connecticut in the 17th centuary, with five minutes left that I was "writing poetry" in. The essay went well, and for some reason I'm still having difficulty understanding, I really enjoyed writing it. It could basically have been taken as another MCAS test, but this one was awesome. The most likely reason is because I love the book. The only reason I'm at chapter eight is because I want to have some left for saturday afternoon and evening. The choices off books this year have been, like, amazing.



I had math what was technically 3rd period, but was actually 2nd, which was okay too. We were meseauring our walking rates, mine being 96 meters per minute; Slightly more than average. We also got new seats...Which are okay for me. Two other girls; One I like and I've sat with twice in math before, and one I've never sat with and hate with all my heart, so it should be interesting. Bretter than my last math seat, at least. And we worked out our quiz averages for the term; 95% FTW, though that's only because we're doing some algebra, which I love. And we got no homework...Though, I never finished last night's. If anyone has flown from Connecticut to Barbados before, just let me know. Thanks. xDD



We went to the library during recess, and onto ACC and blogging, nothing too interesting. Matt told me he'd washed Brandon The Rock, so I was of course unhappy with him for it. Matt slightly teased the boy in the other side of the room, and we got on with our lives...



After lunch, we got to watch Mean Girls in Enrichment. Now, the idea of this was for another social issues thing, to show the affects of girls being mean. Honestly, it proved nothing at all. The fact that my LA teacher has had a copy of Mean Girls for two years I find strange enough, but the idea that anyone can draw much of a meaning from it is even stranger. About twenty minutes of it was spent having to sit through computer problems, where we would only get shots of peoples' chests. So, we ended up watching 15 minutes, and I'm guilty of actually thinking it was an okay movie. I somehow wish school cliques worked to such a strict agenda, I'm sure that would be interesting. Unfortunatly, there was a lot of innapropriate stuff, and we're no longer allowedto watch it.

Then I had Spanish, which as said above, was spent doing nothing out of the ordinary. Then we had gym, where we had to take a "Healthy survey"...You know, drugs, alcohol, feelings, the usual stuff. Except it had about 100 questions, and took most of class...And I got to do nothing for the last tne minutes, which made an awesome gym class.

Then...I came home, and here I am now. This seems sort of short for a post, and I'm sorry, but I don't really feel like writing much. As for music, I haven't listened to much today, but a bit of The Killers. I'd still be listening to Day And Age, but I haven't had this room to myself all day. I'll buy some songs later. I've been doing a bit of preperation for Saturday, too...Like, checking the weather. It's supposed to rain. Yaaay. And, I'm gonna clear pictures off my camera tomorrow and get a new case for the Day and Age CD, since the original one has a huge crack on it. Oh, and the book I'm reading for school, Witch oF Blackbird Pond as I mentioned earlier, is set in Weathersfield in Connecticut, about thirty minutes away from the concert! We're staying in a hotel after, so on Sunday we'll be able to look around. I'll see if can take pictures, too, but there are no promises.

Yeah...I'm super tired today. Bye.

FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first two chapters of WOBP was slow to me, but I feel weird that I'm actually getting into the book a lot!

*referring to kid at library* he probably thinks we're freaks...

4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!