BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

...Feelin' Swine-y?

Hey,



I was going to do something somewhat more interesting...But today has been a weird day.



Firstly, Swine Flue, or "The Swine" as my Social studies teacher likes to call it, has been confirmed in my town. I understand that you're probably sick of hearing about it, and I also understand that it now has a new name, but I prefer Swine Flue. I don't catch up on gossip, but in Spanish today a few people have been talkin about it. A boy in my grade's younger brother got it, I heard. The other week my dad's company, being a medical company, sent us a pack with stuff to know about swine flu. Being sent a large box, containing what look like nothing more than white gas masks, and a giant envelope with "Pandemic Preparedness Kit" in big red letters was discouraging, to say the least, but this has totally freasked me out. Hopefully school will be closed, in the future...



And, yeah...Preparedness. xDD



Also, once Clown Town ended Friday night(will explain later), me and Matt were sitting on a bench waiting for my dad to pick me up, and on conversation I remember him saying "Nothing bad ever happens at *my school name*...". It's true, and now I know why; Everything bad happens at the elementary school! Of course, that's an exaggeration...But when I got home from school, my mom told me that my sister had told her that two kids were shot at her school. My immediate reaction was "You mean the highschool?"...But, nooo. a 5th grader had brought in a BB gun. I heard A 5th grader and 3rd grader got shot, but of course that coud be a rumour. I know what you're thinking; what kind of hell hole town does this person live in? Well...We don't. It might just be because I don't hear about it, since my school is in the middle of nowhere in town, but we live in a good area. Still...O_O



Thirdly, I got two notification points from ACC. One got added to my account, they sent an e-mail to my old account that my mom still checks...And, well, she isn't too happy.



If you consider all of the above pointless information...Then today was a normal day. Onto what happened.



Health was spent talking about...stuff that isn't worth mentioning. Spanish we did the normal stuff, and on the way out the spanish teacher told me my poem had been accepted to this town poetry thing that I was forced to enter...Great. It shows how much taste these poetry judges, whoever they are, have when they choose a poem like mine. And, for the record, I tried not to be chosen. I hate these things. I'm pretty sure I get extra credit for this; Not that I want it very much. In Social Studies, we took some more notes on religion, and had to read my two current events due. Gah, I hate those things too...Still, only one left for the rest of the year. Yay! Then in Science, I had a quiz on Newton's Laws of Motion, which I hate, but actually studied for. All was going well until "Explain the difference between weight and mass", which wasn't good. Let's put it this way...The world things your an idiot when you respond by saying "Mass is the force of Earth's gravity acting on the object, and weight is how much an object weighs". I'm excited for his response to that when we get the quiz back...Then I had lunch, and we snuck into the cpomputer lab, even though its supposedly closed on Monday and Friday. It's easy to do, as long as "The Blonde Teacher", as Coco calls her, isn't there. In math, we basically had a 48-minute long lecture...And, in LA, we had to write about whether we should ban the sales of water bottles...Simply because they're "bad for the environment". Screw the polar ice caps, honestly. Water bottles are conveniant. I got my essay back, that I got an A- on though I really deserved at least a D...Maybe he's happy at me 'cause of the poetry acceptance thing? Dunno. He didn't talk for long, though...He'd had back sugery that morning, and was apparently in pain. At the end of the period, some girl says "No offense, but why are you here?" which was amazing in my skewed sense of humour that I love. Then in enrichment, I read part of Witch of Blackbird Pond again, because I didn't have a book...

And, that was my day.

I have Math MCAs tomorrow and Thursday, which was what the lecutre was about. We'd heard it a billion times, but I guess it was better than regular math...Still, it;'s somewhat stressy, and I'm not looking forward to it. I can't say much more about it...I do need to find a book, still.

Ah, Clown Town! It was alright, both boring and fun, like a lot of things like this. We had to pick up my friend's sister, and Matt, so we were kind of late, not that there was any arrival time. We had to pass over this train track which like never has any trains...Except Friday, and a train that took five minutes to pass. And it wasn't going slow, either. So, we spent forever in a line waiting to get tickets(They played Just Like Heaven <333), and then walked areound a bit more; Me, 'Adele', Matt, Rachel, and we talked to a few other people that night, like the other Rachel. I have...issues going on rides that spin, which took 95% of all the rides there, and ended up going on one ride that I didn't enjoy whatsoever. We spent most of the time just walking around, honestly. When we first got there, Matt was dying to see Kyle's new "girlfriend". Kyle is Matt's enemy, and Kyle's girlfriend, Stefi, is a girl from a different middle school in town who Kyle had met only once before. Kyle's basically your typical Abercrombie-snob now, and Stefi seemed the same, though most of the time she was just talking to all her other middle school friends. Part way through, we see a group of our friends/enemies(Do your know your enemy?), and everyone just starts giggling, because Kyle and Stefi kissed...Three times in fact, over the space of 15 minutes. This may seem like nothing to some, but this is gossip at its finest for us. Everyone got so excited about it, even though Kyle and Stefi acted like they barely knew each other, and within a few minutes, basically everyone who cared, and everyone who didn't care(From both schools)knew about it. It got out of control, quite frankly. The thing is, Kyle isn't allowed to date until high school, let alone kiss a girl. So, there were a load of discussios today. 'Should we tell Kyle's parents(For whatever reason people may hold; Spite, hate, jealousy, etc.), or just let him get away with it?". Personally, Kyle seems to behave like a brat these days, so I say we should tell his parents. I think more people want him to get away with it, though, so we're onto a losing battle. It'll be a while before this dies down, I'm sure.

Wow...Does anyone actually care? Doubt it.

Okay...And, musically, I've been listening to The Killers, Muse, Chairlift, Modest Mouse, and O.A.R. today...Fun fun fun. xDD

Bye,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...

I think that's highly illogical for a few reasons. if as you say a 3rd grader and a 5th grader got SHOT WITH A BB GUN WITHIN 1000 FEET OF US...i don't know, I think we would hav at least heard about it, yes? Maybe? Yes?

I learned only a few weeks ago that the "Blonde Teacher" has a name. It's Mrs F. :]

The final verdict was "If Kyle wears a polo shirt tommorow then we let him off of the hook. If Kyle wears a Abercrombie shirt tommorrow then we tell Mr T." So, we shall just see. On most standards, kissing a girl u met for 15 minutes on seperate occassions isn't a big deal except that the idea of being "in love" within our perfect isolated-in-the-woods school is that of saying "hi" in the hallways between classes, and possibly holding hands for 20 seconds. So, if you compare what Kyle did to what kids at our school r used to then everyone goes beserk. :) Pandemoniom. :D:D

...heehee, personally the whole thing is so FUNNY.


"...Feelin' Swine-y?" Does that not sound like a bad blues song to you or is it just me? Somebody should write a song about swine flu. And than an album. Any takers? We could form a band. THE SWINES (flu)! xD \m/

Naomi said...

True, it makes no sense. Probably just a rumour. xDD

Haha, that's a good way to come to a conclusion! I'm excited to find out, heehee...

Oh, and why Mr T?

Haha, it sounds cool! we should totally do that.

Anonymous said...

He wore an abercrombie shirt today!!! Nobody told Mr T yet.

Mr T cuz he tends to intimidate people. And he just won't let it go.

The Swines (flu) Forever! Should we all wear surgeons masks or would that be leading it in the wrong direction? ;)