BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Dancing(NOT To Joy Division) Among Other Things

Hey guys,





First off, just eight days. Eight freakin' days until I next experience the "Best Night Of My Life" thing. A KILLERS CONCERT, OF COURSE! It's oh-so exciting, of course. But I can rave another day.



Fridays are definitely the best days of the week. You get a quiet day of school, relaxing, staying up late, AIM chats. They're simply the best. Today was, for no reason in particular, an amazing day.



I had Social studies first period. And, Ms B didn't give me all the "bull" that she basically promised in homeroom on Thursday, which is amazing. But I did get teased about it from this other boy later in the day, but not nearly as bad as if it happened in front of the class. We had half classes because of this thing happening 8th period, so each was only 24 minutes. We just wrote a few notes, and then had a little quiz(Very little!). Only six questions, in fact. I suck at US history, so thank god the "Which of Henry the 8th's wives gave birth to Elizebeth 2nd?" question came up. I've been focusing on the Stewart-era English history at the moment, and I've forgotten a lot of the stuff I know about the Tudor-era, but I surprisingly got it right. Anne Boleyn! I thought, it was either her, or Anne Of Cleeves. Even if I'd got it wrong, it was waaay better than some of the other answers...The two I heard were; Elizebeth the 2nd, and(You will laugh!)...Celine Dion. There are soo many things wrong with those two statements! Maybe that isn't such commen knowledge, though...I love English hstory.

Science was boring. We were doing these experiments, and we had a substitue.

Math was okay. We were doing this thing about traveling, in relation to The With Of Blackbird Pond, the book we're reading in English. Did you an 18th centuary boat travels at 2.3 miles per hour, while you walk at about 3 miles per hour? I wish I'd learned that so it could go on my post yesterday.

In English we started with a Fire drill. At least the weather was good, but we got a teacher shouting at us after because we were all talking too much. In actual English, we went over some of the characters of the book, for an essay test on Monday...Or Tuesday, I can't remember.

In Enrichment I just read..the Golden Compass, which is, quite frankly, horribly horribly overrated. I hate the book. I tried reading it once, and just gave up. I was bored out of my mind. In Spanish we did some translating, and in health we finished our "Alcohol And Drug Free" project, after spending forever and a day trimming the paper of our project. My partner just did all the work, since the radio was playing in the art teacher's room. They played a Coldplay song, and then something that was apparently by Bush...Anyway, in our 2nd enrichment, I did a crossword about Withc Of Black Bird Pond. You couldn't really read the words, but it was okay. We got to talk at the same time.

After lunch was when it got interesting, though. For this unit in gym, we got to choose between Floor Hockey and Gym. Being the tomboy that I am, I choose Floor Hockey...Even though I hate it. Today was our last week, and those who chose dance had to perform today, in front of the whole school. I can't imagine how they got the courage. The performance was rather boring, though. And there seemed to be an odd split of grades...A million 6th graders, about five 7th grade groups, and two 8th grade groups, one of them consisting of about ten girls. The first two songs were Britney Spears songs...The best of the horrible pop artists around, I have to admit, but I can't say I liked them. One group did Let It Rock, the best song played, and also the best dance routine...They were totally amazing. By the looks of it, more time had been spent by the groups in organising co-ordinating outfits than the dance routines, which would explain why they did amazing...No offence to them. At least they weren't in neon green tank tops, and silver leggings, like some people. There was another BS song by the girls in my gym class, and a few other okay-ish pop songs. One girl did a traditional Indian dance, and another did a swing-ish song from(What I'm guessing is) like 40 years ago, which was the only song that made my math teacher seem remotely interested. There was this one...odd group...Which consisted of two girls who would be considered "cool" and one boy who is bullied worse than everyone else. He does these things, and doesn't expect to be teased? Seriously? It's good that he does it, but he needs to know what to expect. The last one...The group of about 10 girls, was weird. They were dresssed in black, did some dancing, then went into the locker room, took the black things off, and came out dressed in the neon outfits and sunglasses they were wearing underneath(Except the sunglasses, obviously). After that, they just seemed to jump up and down in no real fashion to a song that can be best described as simply "girly". I didn't get the hype, but it was good to hear some music during the day...

Other stuff:

- Musically, my day has sucked. I'm bored with everything on my iPod. I've mostly been listening to The Killers, Foo Fighters, and Morissey today, though. I might put my Wombats CD on later, though I really want to listen to my iPod player, but I can't find the wire. Damn.
- I had a really depressing conversation with people on ACC today aboput relationship problems. I hope everything gets better for everyone.
- Go to www.anidiotsmind.blogspot.com
- Blogger is DEAD! Comment, CBox, blog...Whatever!
- OMG I'll be able to have Mrs Nerimon on my iPod soon? Sweet!
- I'm so not bored with Sudoku just yet
- I'm going into a Little Britain fase, yet again
- This post sucked, I know

Bye!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, thank god there's someone else out there that doesn't like the golden compass!

Personally I can't stand Sudoko. My brain just doesn't work in that function. I'm broken. :)