BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I. Am. A. Rock. Oh Yeah!

Hey,

Guess what? I am a rock. Random? Not in the slightest...There is no "random", nor is their "predictable", well there is some predictability in lie. Unless you know exactly the next statement to be said(Which is can often be applied to my blog) then there is no 100% predictability, relevant to the current situation or not. So...yes, I am a rock.

Anyway, I guess I should be writing about MCAS Part 2, but I can't be bothered to spell the whole thing out for you this time. But, me being me, I'll probaby do just that anyway. It was the same old song and dance; Four periods, same room, silence, candy, some stress. This one did go better than the last one, which was writing torture. We just got some text; One about yoga, one about a sick kid, and one song called "I Am A Rock", and then we answered questions on them. I didn't like the first two so much, but I totally loved I Am A Rock. I saw it was by Paul Simon, who I hadn't heard of, so I just thought it was some obscure blue-sy 60s song. Turns out it's/it was relatively famous, Paul Simon being the "Simon" in Simon And Garfunkel. I don't exactly like the song, but the lyrics....Just, describe me, in a way. Well, me if I'm all moody and teenager-ish. And also for happy-go-lucky me, but not in such an angry way as this was written.

The first thing I thought when I read this poem was "Schizoid"(Schizoid Personality Disorder -A Mental personality/disorder that I've been researching. I'm not schizoid, but I actuaslly display a few traits. So it's fun to read up on).

I've built walls
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate.

^^^Lyrics from the 2nd verse(Or chorus?). I totally love the wording of this.

Don't talk of love
But I've heard the words before; It's sleeping in my memory
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died
If I never loved I never would have cried.

^^^These are my favorite lyrics of the song. "If I never loved I never would have cried" is just pure amazingness.

I am a rock
I am an island.

^^^Woot for figurative language. Perfect, perfect description. And, the metaphore isn't emphasied to a "We get it, get on with your life" point.


So, I love the lyrics, simple as that. I seem to be becoming increasily interested in dark, gothy poetry(Thanks, Mr G). For those who say that good music/poetry/writing only comes from pain, I think that's pretty true. There's so much more to explore with that writing stlye, and it can go to such a deeper level than writing about your dog.

Anyway, the rest of my day as fine. Nothing to say, really. Except, while we were discussing the horribly digusting candy we had been given in the middle of the MCAS, my LA teacher comes in and says "Can I talk to you?". At first I freaked out because I thought it was about the joke of an essay I'd written the day on Tuesday. But then he says "I was reading through your journal the other day...". Oh. Great. It turns out he didn't seem annoyed at me, or he was at least hiding it very well indeed. He told me he wouldn't make me read in class(This calls for a "I came, I saw, I conquered" moment on my behalf!) as long as I would write something. Over time, it's not so much the short attention span, or boredom, or hate of poetry, or lack of ideas, or rebelling that been limiting my writing, as the idea of having to read. It's, like, paralyzing, and i'm serious. O_O. With every word that comes to my mind, the thought of having everyone else hear it just destroys it, in a sense. This has made me both happy, and horribly guilty. It's great that I can now write freely without worrying what others think, and being creative, but the fact I kind of wrecked his sytem has got to me. I doubt he's given ths special treatment to anyone else before, special treatment I feel bad for recieving. It's full of conflicting emotions...But, i'll be sure to write as much as i can, to make him less annoyed.

Other stuff-

-The Beatles are cool. I love "Let it Be" so frekain' muc right now. If only you could buy Beatles stuff on iTunes.
- Guilt is such a painful thing to deal with.
- As you know, URL change. Please, please, please tell any other readers - www.mysignisvital.blogspot.com ! I don't want to lose readers because of this.
- The candy we got in the MCAS was totaslly disgusting. I tried it when I got home...And regretted it,
- It's a nice day!
- August Rush is a horribly whiny, laughable movie.
- I apologize for being such a boring blog writer, yet again.

Bye,

2 comments:

Lycoris said...

If you really want some Beatles music, then I will lend you some C.D's to download onto your itunes account. I also liked that poem.

Lil' Dommy said...

LOL those fire balls almost made me cry they were so hot!!

yuck