BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Killers Timeline <333

*has a splitting headache right now*





I guess anyone who knows me knows I love The Killers. I'm pretty sure that if you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I love The Killers. I'd say 80% of people my age have "their band", and I guess I'm the same...Though, I'd like to think there's more to it than that. Most(well, pretty much all) kids and teenagers switch between phases a lot; And I can't imagine my life without The Killers. It's crazy, and I know for a fact I need them.



The Killers formed in August of 2002, which would have made me six. Now, I'm not going to lie, they didn't mean anything to me at that time. Can any 6 year old really feel much of a connection to music, beyond happy pop songs? I doubt it.



In 2004, their first album Hot Fuss was released and all of a sudden they become huge in the UK. At that time, I still wasn't listening to much music. But, you know the Now That's What I Call Music CDs? Well, that's where I got all of my music from at that time. Now, before you judge me, the English Now CDs were actually pretty good at that time. Of course I didn't understand why every singer was so obsessed with the opposite gender, or band names, or "genres", or anything of the sort. A lot of the time I didn't know the song titles at first, but I would still look forward to car rides when my mom would put the CDs on. And I suppose that has still left an effect on me. Before I knew the first thing about the bands, it certainly introduced me to The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, Keane, and that sort of stuff. My musical tastes haven't really changed too much, other than the growing hatrid of certain pop bands that most of us grow to. On Now 60, there was this song called "Somebody Told Me".To me at that age, that was what I thought was hard rock, though it's a very "disco" song. It was probably the first song that I seriously got into, and where I'd first heard of The Killers. On the next couple of CDs, there was Smile Like You Mean it, and When You were Young, which I liked, but didn't really mean too much to me.



In...2007, I believe, Read My Mind came out. And I guess this was when I became seriously interested in the band. Before that I "liked"(When I say "liked", I mean I was relatively interested in a few songs) The Fratellis and Kaiser Chiefs. But then I totally fell in love with Read My Mind. <33333>


The first time I saw the "men behind the music" was in the summer of 2007. They were playing at Glastonbury Music Festival, which was aired on TV in the UK. I was coloring, and after just watching Amy Winehouse, Mika, and Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers come on. It was certainly unforgettable, with Brandon dressed in a glittery gold suit and he still had his super cool mustache. I still only recognised the odd song, of course, but I could see they were great performers, with some great music. I remembr the commentator zooming out and going "Well, that's The Killers..." regarding the flamboiant dress and everything. And I was thinking "Wow".
I the summer of that year, I think, we moved from the UK to the US. Yeah, this would be a tough time for anyone, so I'm not excluding my misery out from anyone else's. It was a tough move, and eventually I got pretty sick of a lot of stuff.
By February-ish I somehow always ended up in bad moods and arguments with people all the time...And, coincidentally, I sarted to listen to those four songs religiously. One day we were out somewhere in the car and got lost, and I remember secretly begging we'd be lost for longer, just so I could keep listening to those four songs and not have to do my homework. It was pretty obsessive, certainly longer than I'd listened to any band before that.
In April 2008. I got Guitar Hero 3 for my 12th birthday, and after getting through 2 sections of songs I'd mostly never heard before, up came Wen You Were Young. This, as far as I remember, was my first experience of a "Killers freakout"(Definition: suddenly seeing anything unexpected to do with The Killers, which is followed by screaming, shouting, dancing, clapping, singing, etc.), and it was a pretty amazing experience. A few weeks later, I remember my friend RAH commenting on my "Killers rock" writing on my pencil case, and saying how she liked Somebody Told Me. And, through this, I got her hooked on the band, and...well, she got me hooked too. One night I came home and got totally bored, with a computer in front of me, and just thought "Well...they must have more than one song, right?" and the first song I came across was All These Things That I've Done. <33333
One day in May...I can't remember the date, but this was a totally amazing day. I was watching Read My Mind on YouTube, and my dad pushed me off the computer. So I just went and thought. And I kept thinking, until I realised I was obsessed(In a good way). They meant more to me at anything else at that point, and proud. I loved them.
May 2008; One day, RAH told me about a song called Mr Brightside. I'd heard of several other Killers songs by that time, but not that one. So, I listened.,.and listened...and listened...and then became obsessed with it. It was the first song I bought on iTunes that wasn't off Guitar Hero. In early May, we were in Best Buy...And I just went over to the CDs and ended up buying Sam's Town. I mean, I just had too...I needed more Killes. I ended up buying Hot Fuss and Sawdust a week later. <3
June 21st; By this time, school had slowed down. over that month I'd got into a routine of watching Killers YouTube videos every night, had a pretty decent encyclopedia of killers trivia, and had influenced a few people around me, and had spread the word about my obcession. This particular day was a Saturday, but not just any Saturday...The best day in the whole wide world ; Brandon's 27th birthday. My first Killers birthday, in fact. RAH and my friend Matt came round to make him a cake, and it was fun. And, it was around this time I got a bit obsessed with Brandon...
In July 2008; I was in England, and having a great time. I was whole load happier than I had been before I'd discovered The Killers, and I seriously hadn't listened to any other band since February(That's months...). They were prettry much becoming my life at this point. In mid July, RAH sent me an e-mail entitled "New Killers songs" or something...Neon Tiger, and Spaceman! Yet another Killers freakout. After forever moaning about no new Killers songs...finally, new Killers songs!
September, New single time! Human...I rushed home, and listened to Human all the time(before it got taken off for copyright reasons!). The music video came up before I knew it, and bought it for my mom's iPod. I listened to it every night before bed.
October; I bought my first Killers t-shirt at Hot Topic, and a Killers DVD at FYE! <333
November 4th, 2009...No, I'm not taing about the election. My mom found an article on the BBC website about The Killers, so I decided to check their fan myspace, and scrolling down I discovered they'd added loads of new concert dates. I moved down, adrenaline rushing(Sorry to make it sound so dramatic) and when I saw "Boston" I just remember saying "No way", my mom on the computet turning round and me basically screaming my head off. I rushed to call RAH(Too bad she couldn't come!), and then waited for my dad to come home. We bought tickets, and I was happier than I'd ever been before. xDDDDD
November 25th, 2009; DAY AND AGE RELEASE! OH YEAH!!!
December 25th, 2009; Christmas, obviously. I remember being more excited about the book, sweatshirt, t-shirt, and poster than I was about my guitar, and everyting else combined. I bought tickets for my 2nd concert that month!
January 26th, 2009; Easily the best day off ym life...The concert. Honestly, just too amazing to put into words. There's nothing like live music. I cried whe they left...But still, happier than I'd ever been before. Afterwords, we watched the roadies pack up everything and just saying over and over again" That was so amazing, that was so amazing...".
Over February and March, my fangirling increased by the day...Posters, pictures, my bedroom wall, another concert ticket for August, music videos to my new iPod, trivia, I joined their fansite, I got my science teacher into them, and basically creeped out everyone around me.
And...here we are now. it's funny to see it all progress from then to here. Who knew what one play of Somebody Told Me would turn out to be. Moon, river, what these guys do to me...I don't believe you. <3333>
- Sorry if that was boring, it was mostly for my reference. Hopefully you got something out of it.
- Okay, I understand there are many people who have been fans for longer than me. Please don't take that away from me...I'm no less of a fan than you. Please, I love them too.
- RIP Kurt Cobain; February 20th 1967 - April 5th 1994
- I still have a splitting headache...
- As always, a new blog playlist today. But, I warn you, don't listen to "Sir Psycho Sexy" unless you can handle some innapropriate language. This warning and the fact that it's on the end of the playlist are for a reason...
- Scar Tissue FTW
- I had Science homework today...And left my textbook at school. Luckily, I made it through alright. xD
- I pretty much did nothing today, other than TV and the computer. It's still a bit too cold and windy to spend much time outside.
- Bye!

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Sorry about the weird spacing...Blogger is being so messed up at the moment. at first it wouldn't let me post,and then it screwed up everything off the sidebar.