BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blogging Time, Yo

Hey guys,





To put a long, complicated story short, we now have a laptop here until Monday--A pretty good one, too. It was finally set up yesterday evening, and of course, I rushed straight to blogger! Well, it was second on third on my list at any rate.





So, how has everyone been as of late? That's something I don't talk about very often here, huh? I'm very self-absorbed, as you'll certainly have noticed, in particular when I'm rambling here.



As for me I'm still enjoying being in England and things.



In particular if you want to know what I've been doing , Saturday me, my mom, and my sister went to a nature reserve in town. I don't like nature reserves without the aid of my iPod, which I luckily remembered, so that was alright. It was partly forest, partly fields, and partly a small pond which made it slightly interesting. At one point I stormed into a special "Please Be Quiet" bird-viewing place, loudly saying "Do you like Blur?" to my mother. The birds heard me, too, though I never found out their opinions on the band.

On Sunday my mom went to see her two BFFs she's known since school. When I say BFFs, I do mean exactly that! They're constantly e-mailing, calling, and texting each other now. They'll be twittering within a few years. I stayed at my grandparents watching the swimming, and got very bored, before finally going home.

Monday we went to what I think is the oldest ancient Roman structure in England. It's a palace, not a villa like most, from an early date of the Roman occupation. We watched a short video, then went around the garden, then went around a small museum about it. I don't like ancient Roman history much, but the museum made every description of every aspect of the building really boring, other than getting to see actual jewelry and tools from the time. Then we went through a large building built over the remains, and looked at a few mosaics. A few were so amazingly well kept, and one only had one small patch missing. My sister spent some time in the children's area that every museum seems to have. But my highlight from the visit was there--There was a small pole where the kids are supposed to stick sticky-notes onto describing why they liked the museum. This consisted of scribbles, many "it was fun because it was fun", a few "I hated It it's so boring an old", a few notes from those 'children' describing how they've loved the place since their first visit in the 70s, and one which simply said "The Romans didn't discover America. Ha."!

Tuesday we went on another nature walk this time around a different pond. It doesn't take long to walk around there, but my sister took an up hill, longer route to find pheasant feathers. While they would surely help out my nonexistent collection in the hopes of creating my own Brandon jacket, it was tiring, and I fell when running down the hill, in front of a family with two young boys, who probably wouldn't have done so. Thank you very much, grip less old Converse.

And Wednesday revolved around one of those rare family-related things that's a bit too personal to blog about. But because of it, we got to have breakfast at McDonalds, which is a first for me. Me and my sister annoyed all the business people having coffee and reading the newspaper by having our drinks declare war on each other(Yes, I know what you're thinking. And, no, I'm surprisingly not a four-year-old boy), went to the beach briefly(Not 'going to the beach' as in the summery bathing suits, ice cream, getting a tan sort of way, but in the English, cold, wet, disappointed it isn't warmer even though it never is, sort of way), and drove around several streets all with the first word being 'Hammy'. In the afternoon we went to my grandparent's town. I got A Snow Patrol album, as I simply can't go into HMV without coming out with some CD or another. There was a small fair near the coast, so I played hook-the-duck ads got a big plastic beach ball. I put the small rope not intended to put around your wrist, um, twisted and stuck around my wrist, and got some funny looks while apparently hugging a beach ball in Marks And Spencers(Somewhat expensive grocery store).

And today a guy came around in the morning to look at the boiler, I obsessed over being able to use Facebook, and in the afternoon we went to a bird place in town. My mom was chosen to have an eagle fly over to her hand in the display which went on for far to long, between birds flying away and not returning for fifteen minutes.



And that's about all there is to it. It's Thursday which of course means MOCK THE WEEK/NEVERMIND THE BUZZCOCKS NIGHT on BBC 2, the absolute highlight of my life. The TV before seven o'clock here is getting rather boring for me at the moment, but I guess it's alright. At night there's always various comedy panel shows, or Dragons Den, or Gorden Ramsay, or a decent documentary, or something, which keeps me addicted. As for music, I've been listening to Snow Patrol, Lily Allen, Noah And The Whale, Blur, and I've now admitted to sort of liking P(!?)ATD's "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies'. I wonder what my parents think when they've heard "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?" a thousand times when I'm online.

PS, the (!?) wasn't a mistake.



Gotta go now, the television awaits. I'm in a oddly weird writing mood, I'm almost happy with what I've said! Must be all the Mark Twain I'm forced to read(Yeah, right). Comment, CBOX, and such xD



Bye,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Naomi said...

Thanks. xD