BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Plane Ride Tomorrow(Short-ish Post).

Hey guys,



If you read my blog, then you'd know I'm going to England tomorrow...For, well, the whole summer, basically. Until August 31st. That's gonna be the reason for my partial blog absence until that time. I don't wanna go yet. I loved going to England last year, but doing it for this long is just ridiculous. We had to stay this long because of the music festival, but by that reasoning couldn't my parents have just set the going-out plane ride to a couple of weeks later than tomorrow? Oh well. Luckily, the plane ride isn't until the evening tomorrow. So I still have until about five to do stuff(And it takes about 45 minutes to drive into Boston, give or take). I don't know what I could possible do beforehand, though. Just, like, normal online stuff, probably. Oh, and read; No matter what, I'm determined to read ten pages of A Connecticut Yankee each day, no matter how much I'm coming to dislike it. By those outlines, I can finish the book in nineteen days and have it over and done with.

The plane ride will be by far the worst experience of the year so far, and that's not an exaggeration. No method of torture you could possible do to me(For whatever reason you might want to torture me O_O) could come close in pain to a seven-hour flight across the Atlantic. Beyond the stress of nearly being late for the flight(This happened last year), claustrophobia, airline food, my ever so slight fear of flying, my greater fear of the ocean, bumpy turbulent weather, the bathrooms you can barely move in, the staff who stop at no end to offer you things("Jesus Christ, I told you ten minutes ago, I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DRINK!"), the baby behind you who kicks on your chair, and the hours upon hours of episodes of The Simpsons and Family Guy I've seen before, I get really, really, badly travel sick. So, basically, it sucks. My mother says I'll probably be growing out of it by now, but who knows? Good thing is, usually the wind blows this way, so we could shorten the trip down to 6 1/2 hours on a good day. Contrary to everything I just wrote, I'm trying not to think about it too much. Trying.

My parents are really stressed at the moment, understandably, so I just tend to stay out of their way as much as possible. I'm painfully working my way through my reading book, and at the same time racing through John Green's Paper Towns. John Green is a good author, and for a young adults author, in particular. I think I might just prefer this to Looking For Alaska, which I didn't finish because it seemed to feel rather anti-climax. Plus, I feel less like I have to hide this book from my parents. Looking For Alaska had a couple of scenes that were basically smut. It's odd that I've finally found a couple of books I enjoy. I'm not at all a book worm. I've watched a lot of TV(And my conclusion is this; Die die die die die 'Alex Russo', all of the characters in Wizards of Waverly place, and anyone who even associates themselves with it a little bit), and spending some time outside, normal music listening stuff, etc. In the morning I cleaned out my sister's hamster's cage for the first time, and later in the day we dropped of the hamster, and my sister's fishes(Who I've just learned have names! Skittles, Starburst, Ruby, Shoes, and Socks. Unique, huh?) and dropped them off at my sister's best friend's house while we're away. And in the evening we got to eat out at a nice little place a short way away. It was fun...And, I had the best steak in the whole entire universe.

Bye!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool!! have fun in england and on the pl...FESTIVAL.

okay, ready? Ive finally got my summer reading books.

1) Murder on the Orient Express, very very slow at the beginning, but im beggining to like it :)

and in the case I didn't like it or it was too hard to do a book report on:

2) Nothing but the truth by Avi, which I haven't started......

Those r better names than what I gave my guppies many years ago. I distinctly remember:

Swimmy (my favorite <333)
Swimmy's brother
Mrs Swimmy
Tom (Where tom came from, I hav no idea...)

I think before i go to England, I might go buy "paper towns." It sounds pretty interesting

my god...the summer's like already half over!!!!!!!!!!!!!