BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Just Got Back From Seeing The One Movie Anyone Wants To See Today

Yes, Harry Potter.( I'm not gonna reveal all of it, but if you haven't seen/read it already you shouldn't read this....)

Our life seems to revolve around my sister's friends at the moment and today was the friend's birthday so our timing was based around that. Id've loved to have seen it in the evening but that couldn't have worked out because my sister also had to go and see Up. We got there about one with our pre-ordered tickets my mom had bought in case of a selling-out situation. Luckily, I actually didn't see anyone in full wizard attire(By that I mean nothing more than a black cape and a big, pointy, gravity-defying black hat), but we did see some later when picking up my sister.

This one was one of five of the books I've read, but I hadn't read it since the release which was...about four years ago. So I had forgotten a lot of the plot details.

I thought it was good how the Dursleys didn't feature at all in this movie. I loved them, but if you look at it it's the same thing each book. I really loved one of the earlier scenes where Harry's about to arrive at The Burrow and you get a bit of a conversation where members of the family are popping out from various different floors, talking to them. You know, that's just totally The Weasleys. Oh, and also another early scene I loved, which was before Harry and Ron went into potions class and they had an extra period, and Professor McGonnagal is seemingly tiredly directing the first years around. Don't you just vividly remember being the confused, awkward first year walking to the wrong place in the school? It really shows real life, which was something that's gotten really good especially in these last two movies. And the progression from light and happy to dark in these past couple of films has been great, for me.

*toot tired to write fluently*

As for the acting, Rupert Grint--Ron--was amazing as ever. He's my favorite. I was never too impressed with Daniel's--Hary's--acting. It always looked like he was chosen simply because of the visual similarities, despite there most likely being many other guys his age with black hair and blue eyes. But, he got better each movie, so it was alright here. I liked Hermione in this one(Emma, yes? I only know these three as far as actual names go, hehe), but from the third one up I always thought she was quite good. I loved Dumbledore in this the most, though. It was the most perfect balance between the happy, loveable Dumbledore in the early parts, and the slamming-Harry-against-the-wall-"Did-You-Put-Your-Name-In-The-Goblet?" Dumbledore in the 5th one. Oh, and the young Tom Riddle was good. Of course you don' have to put an awful lot of emotion in there, but it was still enjoyable...

Contrary to my mother's strong opinions, I did, guiltily, enjoy all the romance bits. Lavender was just amazing...Her accessories, her weirdness, her stuff with Ron...I loved all of that. And Hermione's jealousy was great. And as for Ginny and Harry...Well, I didn't love it, it was alright. I thought they'd over-do it, though, and it wasn't like that. The kiss was alright, at least it was less awkward than the Cho kiss in the previous movie.

I liked Malfoy's bits. It shows how one can be changed, and how he has changed from the early times, and how he's a force to be reckoned with now.

And as for the death scene, I liked it(Other than Harry just standing there and doing nothing!). I thought the raising of the wands into the sky was too cliche. Far too cliche, for me. But after that, with the clouds, and abandonment, with Belletrix and co. smashing windows and setting things on fire...It was great, gave a real "End of the world" sense, if you catch my drift.

Oh, and did anyone else find the mentioned setting-things-on-fire parts sadder than Dumbledore's death? That's what I thought, because it's so much history, and happiness, and other sappy stuff. That's rather weird of me. But, hey, my emotions are really messed up in case you hadn't noticed that already.



I guess that's it. No star-rating system or anything. I really liked it, like most Harry Potter.

Oh, and by the way, I'm wearing a red t-shirt with "Muggle" written on it white. Hehe.

That's about it. Bye,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didnt actually read ur post....im going to c harry potter saturday and i want it to b a surprise :)

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDQlswXCi0M

lol

Anonymous said...

OMG MUGGLE SHIRT!!!!