BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

My Really Bad AC Story

Sometime this morning I was looking through my old files on this computer just to, you know, see what came up. And what I found was this file titled 'Out Of Control' that I couldn't remember writing. Turns out, it was this Animal Crossing fanfiction I wrote...well, over a year ago. It wasn't really a story, considering I wrote about six or seven chapters(Very, very short chapters). And, thank God I'm a better writer than I was then. Wanna see it? It sucks, as the previous sentences would suggest, but I just thought I'd show you the first two chapters if you're interested, which you're probably not. Notice repetition, comma-splicings, and the like.







"The sun began to set below the horizon. Streams of ruby red and golden yellow filtered through the nigh sky, casting elongated shadows along the dusty ground.

I sat behind Tom Nook's the department store in town, my feet leaning up against an apple tree. I was holding a sketch book, and began to draw Lamborghinis, as I watched the night begin.

As I began to "zone out" I felt a distinctive crack on the back of my head. I picked up the chestnut brown acorn, left over from autumn, which had been thrown at me.

"Oh ha ha" I spoke sarcastically, changing my stare to my friends sitting on a branch above me.

Angus, Poncho, Rod, and Punchy jumped down to look at me.

"Yo, Luce!" Poncho declared, shouting it out as if he intended for the whole of Ootoo for hear.

"Hey guys. Where have you been all day?" I replied.

"Nothin' that's what" Angus replied, in his "tough-guy" voice." KK's comin' tomorrow, and the whole world has to get ready for like a month beforehand. How dumb! There's nothin' to do…"

I saw the others roll their eyes behind him, and I smiled to myself.

"Well, dude, if you're THAT bored" exclaimed Rod" then let's go for a run around the orchard! Come on!" I watched Rod run ahead, but I decided to stay behind. Last time Rod went running at night he ran into a tree…

As Angus, Punchy, Poncho, and I walked towards the Cherry Willow Orchard the wind began to pick up. We walked north, towards the lake. The air contained a pungent smell of freshly cut grass, and deep amber flowers blossomed outside savannah's garden.

We entered the orchard, and walked down to the lake. Then, as if out of nowhere, we heard the Booming and overly sarcastic sounds of…them. Portia and Opal.

I bent down and peered my head through the overgrown cherry tree branches and ran over to the Big Willow. Portia and Opal loomed over a small figure, their overly-made-up faces snickering.

I soon noticed the "small figure" to be Dora. She was sitting on a patch of emerald green grass, a sketchbook in hand.

"What are YOU drawing then, Dora?" Opal teased, smiling and flickering her eyelashes.

"Just some patterns" Dora smiled, moving her patterns closer to her torso, self consciously.

"Well, show us then. Come on" Portia scoffed menacingly.

" Yeah, come on Dora" Opal moved closer, " I'm sure an A-list designer, like me, could critique your work" she said, emphasizing her use of "critique" to show her upper-class status.

Dora, running through her options, stood up.

"I'd love to, friends" she smiled, seeing as Portia and Opal were about to explode with laughter" But it's getting late, and I have to tidy my house. See you tomorrow" She waved, and skipped home, into the night.

" Ha, classic!" Opal cried

Portia spotted us among the branches.

" Now, THAT'S the way to do it, kids" she spoke to us. " See you later, chao!"

Once, she had removed her self from the scene, I picked up a piece of paper off the ground, that Dora had dropped. But, it was not just "a pattern"."






Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking about its quality, but I did enjoy writing it at the time. I do even have the urge to edit quite a lot of it(For a start, it's a relatively common fact that females in the Animal Crossing world are only allowed to wear dresses. So, why would she have her feet angled up an apple tree?), if not all, and it's too bad I can't remember a thing of the plot after what I'd written. Oh well.

I haven't got much to talk about. We just went to the mall today, ne and my mom. FYE didn't have the Starsalor album I wanted, and she got new perfume that makes the whole house smell like Abercrombie. well, it's more like Abercrombie with a slight hint of Hot Topic which is a very interesting scent to capture. I've been watching a lot of the Animal Crossing movie(And the AC obsession continues...)online. Now they've got at least half of it with an English voiceover. The movie is interesting, it makes you wish the actual games were that good. The plot is not as great. I've started to learn Shattered by O.A.R. on the piano, too, which is fun.

Bye,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An animal crossing movie? an animal crossing movie???

anyway, I thought the story was good...but at the same time i can tell u wrote it over a year ago. I too really have the urge to edit it.

maybe i should put up some of my old stories...heh, you've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

P.S. What does abercrombie smell like?

Naomi said...

Yeah. It's just...Meh. There is no plot to it, just like the Animal Crossing games. But it's really cute, like a lot of Anime.

Yeah. I'm probably going to edit it later...But I almost certainly won't post that.

Cool. Writing rocks.

You've never been past Abercrombie in the mall?!