BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5th 2009

Okay, prize for the most uncreative blog title in the world goes to me, you know...



To be honest with you, Ive put no thought into what into what I'm gonna write here. And, to be even more honest with you, I'm kinda looking forward to those few weeks in England when I can't blog. I swear I haven't 'gone off' blogging, but I've been doing about every-other-day blogging since...well, I think it was just before Christmas. A break from the things we love reminds us of how much we love them, right?



The weather's finally been getting nice, after days of rain upon rain upon rain. Today was beautiful actually....I think after two years, I'm finally getting used to the weather in this country. I can actually stay outside for more than five minutes now without feeling like I'm dying in the heat. Well, that's one season down; I still hate the winters. The thing about being English is a ground-in dislike of 95% of all the weather you will ever get. We beg for snow and when it comes there's not enough of it, when we get enough snow it's too cold, when it's summer it's too hot, etc. But, let's move on...



Today has been just kind of slow. I'm in the habit of waking up really late(Even if I don't go to bed late) which wastes so much use able time. The morning was spent in a 'heated discussion' with just about every member of my family. It all started over my sister on Animal Crossing, but I actually can't remember what happened after that that caused such an argument. In the afternoon we made smoothies made of pineapple, mango, and passion fruit. wW have a 10-page book of smoothie recipes, and it seems my sister just picked out the first she saw for no reason. Turns out she doesn't like mang at all, or passion fruit that much. I'm also not a big fan of either fruits, but it still tasted alright. And we made Cinnamon buns--Not real ones, my family's too lazy for that, the Pillsbury all-you-have-to-do-is-cook-them ones. Those things taste surprisingly good, most things that are packaged to last normally taste bad. Oh, and I finally found my tennis racket that I've been looking for for weeks. It was way at the back of the basement, by the pieces of wood with nails sticking out of it, broken bags of beans for the beanbags, and plastic pieces of food we had to play with when me and my sister were, like, three.



As far as the last few days have gone, nothing has happened. Again, thanks to me and my whole family waking up far later than we should. Yesterday we went on a wild goose chase for a rug. But, it wasn't anything like Target or Sears , we had to drive an hour to a place, which is both expensive, and has a very limited range. So, it was too bad it was closed for the weekend, right? They could have at least said so on the website. And, yeah, I know it's July 4th weekend, but some shops are open so it's hard to find out. Then we were dragged around Lowe's to look at lights, me and my sister singing Best of You by Foo Fighters most of the time because we were bored. I'll be so over-joyed when the whole house is finally completed. The last people left it in a terrible state, not just falling to bits, but the decoration was awful. I'd heard they had a large family of teenage guys, but the wallpaper was horribly, unbearably feminine...Pink, and frilly, and lacy, and the kitchen even had pears and stuff on the wallpaper. One's decoration does say a lot about about the person(As the furniture commercials claim), and I can imagine the previous family being the creepy, anti-social, unnaturally-intelligent but insane family you tend to avoid just 'cause it feels right. We're fixing that(but I daresay our reputation isn't much better) but it is quite annoying, Knowing my dad however, as soon as the house is complete he'll find something else to do. My father is the sort who comes home to paint the walls, not watch 'the game' like most.

I haven't done much else...Reading blogs, writing, sudoku, and other stuff. I can now say I completely know How To Save A Life on the piano. It's difficult at first, working out which parts the bridge comes into. I tried singing along earlier. I can't sing, but it was fun. I've been thinking what to learn next...Mr. Brightside looks a bit too difficult for me to learn right away, but Sam's Town looks at the right level. Either that, or I'm learning Starlight by Muse, or Yesterday by The Beatles.

Byee,

0 comments: