BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

I Waste My Summer On My Grandparent's Computer

Hey guys...So, I actually have some time to do a post today, even if it is rather short and badly written. my mom isn't totally okay with the idea of me wasting my time online. She says I'm only allowed to go on a couple of blogs, my e-mail, and the Victims. Nothing else. But it's better than nothing, right?





The plane ride was good in comparison to some. I had pizza at the airport and watch an AirLingus flight to Ireland go out. my flight had a short delay at first due to some engine problem, but it was good 'cause when we set off it was totally dark and you got to see all the lights of Boston and it looked really cool. And, of course, when we landed we got to see the 'patchwork quilt' of England's fields. I watched The Simpsons, Top Gear, that sort of thing...The TV wasn't that great, to be honest.





We landed at about eight in the morning, local time, on Tuesday. Heathrow is such a cool place, and I don't know why...it's pretty crazy, which is almost certainly why I like it. We got a taxi to my grandparent's house after that. The taxi driver talked to my mom about swine flu, and then turned up the bad pop station for the rest of the journey once he realised we were in no mood to talk.. I slept for most of the day after that, and watched Dave(The world's greatest TV channel) in the evening.





Wednesday morning was rather slow. I finished john Green's Paper Towns, which I read in about four days. It's really good, I guess I'd recommend it. And I read my ten pages of A Connecticut Yankee. I'm having trouble with some bits of it, though I vaguely understand what's going on dome of the time. After lunch we walked to the local store down the road to get some things for my grandparents(And the cashier guy argued with his friend whether the man on the cover of my mom's magazine was Brad Pitt or not, despite his name also being printed on the cover) After that we got the key to my aunt's house. She moved to Switzerland a few months ago, but rents out her house. It's empty at the moment, so we got to stay there. There's this really pretty road we drive down where you're basically in the middle of a field, and you Can see really far up the road and the hill. I'll take a picture sometime. In general my aunt lives in a pretty area. We unpacked our stuff there, went searching for the non-existent computer, found a rowing machine, discovered the TV couldn't get Dave, and went out to Tescos, which is the main supermarket in the UK. So, we went in to the local one. But it was no ordinary Tescos, no, it was...A two-story Tescos. Oh my god, that's so awesome, right?! It was. We got a lot of food, most of which we could probably live without(the idea of me being able to live without Muller Corner yoghurts is questionable to some) and went up them shopping trolley-accessible ramp a few times.



Oh, and one thing, guess what I saw there? Someone in an Abercrombie t-shirt. What is this country coming to?!





Thursday morning we went into the center of town to find my sister a new bathing suit, which was remarkably hard. UK town centers make no sense. And, my sister was rather picky about it. We looked through about ten shops, before finding a suitable style in a suitable color, and suitable shape. Suitable being about one in thousand bathing suits. After lunch we went to the swimming pool in town. it's not exactly the best pool in the world, but going there is sort of a tradition for us. But it has a slide, and a fast-flowing bit where you get pushed around. And, for the record, I had a Slushy there, and the ice-to-juice ratio was totally, completely, utterly wrong! Hehe...I got to see a new episode of my favorite TV show, Mock The Week, that night, and a new episode of my 2nd favorite TV show, Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Both were absolutely hilarious.



As for today, we came to visit my grandparents house in the morning, and in the afternoon went to the center of their town to get some stuff. I got the new Starsailor Cd, the new Lily Allen CD, an Anthony Horowitz book, Guitar Hero On Tour; Decades, and a Killers t-shirt. It's pale blue with a rainbow palm tree on the front and "A Glorious Existence"(From joy Ride)written on the back.

Gotta go now. I hope you're all having a great summer, and if you're a friend, then sorry I can't talk more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like ur having fun!

Well, i asked my cousin if abercrombie was big there a while ago, and she said that for the most part, it was pretty big. Definetely not as big as it is here (in which 98% of the population of girls and 75% of the population of boys have at least a couple abercrombie shirts).Personally I think in a case like that, wearing abercrombie is perfectly fine. I mean, the only reason I don't like abercrombie back home is because everyone wears it. But if it's scarcer, than I don't see any reason not to. But it's growing.....and at least you don't have hollister to worry about.

Jill said...

Naomi! Great to see you're having a good time!

2 story convienience stores?! I've only heard about them...that's so exciting! XD

And which Anthony Horowitz book? I've read Stormbreaker before, and it was pretty good.

Naomi said...

Thanks for commenting, guys. xD

Yeah, that's generally why I avoid Abercrombie also. The clothes don't actually look that bad, though to be honest the simple branded t-shirts are a little uncreative on the store's behalf.

Actually, I have seen a few Hollister shirts! No Aeropostale(Though Aeropostale is more colorful and such, and it seems like people our age sort of dress more mature, and less colorful), or American Eagle(Obviously).

Oh, and by the way, I know it sounds like I basically stare at people's outfits on the street, but I swear I don't. I'm just looking out for the brand names.

Yeah, the store's pretty cool. Yeah, I'm reading Stormbreaker, which I think is pretty good.