BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1.5 Days Of 7th Grade Remain

Hello,

Ah, just 1.5 days left of 7th grade! Then I'll be *gasp* an 8th grader. Well, I don't know...I wouldn't classify myself as an 8th grader until September 3rd when we go back. But I guess I wouldn't be a 7th grader either. Oh well, at least school will be out for summer. Not that it feels like summer nowadays. Damn it, Massachusetts, can you do nothing right?

This week, of course, has been a very slow week. We had our last official academic classes on Monday, which involved reflections, making clay models, a fun quiz, and working on actual math work. Otherwise we've been moving between various special events, watching The Simpsons, stuff like that. It's been fun...Speaking of which, I kinda love The Simpsons right now. I've watched The Simpsons since before I could speak. I was the kid who'd take The Simpsons--Full of jokes I wouldn't understand for a long time--Over the Teletubbies, Sesame street, etc. Oddly, I haven't entirely become the illiterate, troubled child my relatives feared I'd be. Anyway, now I'm rambling(More than usual). We had our talent show yesterday! Talent shows are amazing, mostly due to the fact that the majority have no talent whatsoever. Yeah, yeah, I know it takes a lot to perform in front of hundreds of people... But, still. Two girls did the commentating between acts, and they were awful at it. First off, they were 6th graders. And while I've meet loads of really amazing 6th graders, the ones at my school at least are just...Unbearable, which is the Best aay for me to describe it. You know how you obsess over the idea of leaving elementary for such a long time, yeah? Well when you eventually get to 6th grade, all that anticipation makes you a bratty, dramatic child that 7th and 8th graders will probably hate. Most of the acts were off-tune singers(Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, The "It's Too Late To Apologize" song, the "Every time we touch I get this feeling" song, a couple of Indian songs, etc.), a few dancers in odd, matching outfits(Star Struck by Lady GaGa, and Just Dance by...yeah, Lady GaGa again), a few bands, and a guy with his Chinese Yoyo(He's in my homeroom, so I'd already seen it every day for a couple of months). Dominique--Her French name, not her real-- Was amazing, though. *applauds*. Yay for someone with actual talent!

Today involved similar, relaxed stuff. Watched The Simpsons first period, and took down my board outside the classroom with my "Year's best work". Second and third periods a girl's dad came in to talk about Islam. It was interesting, but it did you go on...And, he had about 15 slides of his presentation, which goes to show how much talking went on. And we sort of got hit, yet again with the impossible "Don't stereotype" message, which is always worth blogging about. Forth period I had Spanish...Our last 7th grade Spanish class, because I have gym instead tomorrow. Ah, how I'll miss it; The endless student-made speeches about conjugations, the lengthy clap-for-the-teacher sessions to waste time, the guys hiding behind my teacher's desk, the guys throwing tennis balls because the teacher is just that oblivious, the uses of "Fiestas" to waste a class, my teacher's actions showing she was about to have a nervous breakdown. Ah, yes, that's all something to miss. My teacher really isn't much of a party--Or, "Fiesta"--Person, so we drank the Coke and ate the chips left over from the last 8th grade class and watched Toy Story 2 in Spanish, while I sat at the table with a few girls obsessing over a music video on someones pink iTouch. Fun, I suppose. After lunch I had health. We played yet another game of "Relationship Bingo", which I got sick of after five or six plays. Surely, one can only put up with so much of silly games such as bingo. I ended up with a toffee that I literally just remembered I had, and am now licking and hoping it won't pull my braces out. For the last period and a half, we had to watch a 6th grade thing in the auditorium. The music classes had made their own music videos. You had a lot of "A day in the life of *school name" which involved shaky, almost sea sick-inducing camerawork and shots of people walking through hallways. A few made no sense at all. One was an excuse for a few boys to play Star Wars with wooden sticks('cause it's not like Adele has a stick just like it that that she hides behind the bookshelf in homeroom and fences with, right?). A few involved the elementary kids at recess...Mostly staring at the camera the whole time, and one with my neighbor dancing like the possible-ADD child she is. we thankfully got to leave early and have a team meeting because a girl in my grade was leaving today. I barely knew her, but long goodbyes are always emotional for me, and everyone else. Until the speeches go on for far too long.

After school me, my mom, and my sister went to the mall to find my sister a dress for her 5th grade graduation. We were lucky first time in Gap--Don't judge that--and after we got a few clothes for my mom, batteries, a karate outfit for my sister's Build-A-Bear, FunYuns, a Nintendo points card, The Fray's "How To Save A Life" CD that I'm listening to now, and a Killers documentary DVD. Not all found in Gap, of course.

I've spent nearly all afternoon playing on my keyboard. ACC rehab does the weirdest things, you see, including doing stuff actually sort of worthwhile. I used to play piano but stopped after we moved...I was always bad at it anyway. Yesterday I picked up some of those "My first piano and me" books and started playing. Embarrassing, right? After I got sick of those I started learning How To Save A Life off YouTube. I can fluently do the main riff, and separately play the bass and treble of the chorus. I haven't started on the bridge yet. Later I'm gonna try to write it down, which will probably help put the chorus together. I feel so accomplished. I've wanted to play this song on piano since I first heard it...And, okay, it's so easy it's unbelievable, but I'm amazed at myself.

Music this past few days...er, The Fray of course, Weezer, Blink-182, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cage The Elephant, stuff like that. Must listen to The Script soon.

Bye,

1 comments:

Vertige said...

YEAH YEAH YEAHS ARE COOL.
And so is playing really easy songs on the piano 8D