BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Lyla! If You Can't Hear Me Call Then I Can't Say, 'Lyla, Heaven'll Help You Catch Me If I Fall'

Title lyrics; Lyla by Oasis.



Sometime yesterday, my sister came up to me out-of-the-blue and asked "Could you do a thing on your blog about Lyla?" Lyla's my sister's hamster, and like any child with an animal she's totally obsessed with it. Though, I agreed, and here she is.










We got Lyla...Er, five or six weeks ago, I think. She's named Lyla because my sister's best friend's dog's name is Mila, so why not(I suppose)? She's a teddy bear hamster, which means she's larger than most other hamsters. She's quite young, from a litter of...four, I believe. I can't say I was paying much attention when we bought her. I have very little interest in animals, unlike most people...Lyla currently lives in her flimsy cage in our spare bedroom...Well, it's not so much a bedroom any more, as simply 'The Hamster Room' due to the space the thing 'needs' and it's terrible smell. It's first cage broke a few weeks ago...Hamsters are nocturnal, so she spends most of her time in a little space at the top of the cage, sleeping. The opening there has to be held down with a book in case she gets out, and she also sleeps under the tissue that's there for reasons I don't know. She's quite hyper for a hamster...Especially when she's in her ball thing. My sister's too scared to pick her up(And I'm sick of her biting me and peeing on the floors), and my sister's annoying baby talk, unconditionally-loving stuff gets really annoying. But, it's nice.

I'm sure my sister would prefer me to be far more complimentary, but I do get creative control on this...And, she doesn't know my blog URL, so she doesn't need to know what I say. xD

And, yeah, I don't really know why she wanted me to write about Lyla if she can't even read it. She probably thinks the hamster's gonna get famous; Right, from like fifteen subscribers who probably lost interest a very long time ago.

My day's been another 'fail'. My sister's friend(Surprisingly, not the one mentioned earlier about the dog) slept round last night. They basically obsessed over Lyla the whole time while I was left on AIM, listening to their relentless giggling. Today my sister had an orthodontist appointment this morning to get spacers before her braces on Wednesday. And later in that day I had to go back. They thought I needed spacers too, realised I didn't, took them out, and gave me new, stronger elastics that won't break after an hour of use. We also got to wander around the center of town after that. There's nothing to do in my town. I'm so far away from the center I can't even walk there(Unlike the two other middle schools in town, lucky them). my sister showed-off to her friend in a toy store by using all the little kids stuff...We spent, literally, half an hour there, half of which was spent by her friend deciding whether the things on her bracelet were gonna be sparkly or not. And we went to a candy store, they got bags of M&Ms and stuff and I got a blue raspberry slush(The sort that makes people go 'Stick out your tongue; It's blue!).

I'm done watching my new Family Guy DVD, writing, playing animal crossing, etc. for the day. I've been spending time using the wonder that is Facebook. Earlier I had a chat with a girl from my school in England. We barely talked then but, hey, it's still nice. Today I collected all my Killers memorabilia together and realised how little of it there is. The only size able part of it is the nine Killers t-shirts I own. I need more random junk(ten, once I go get the new one at Hot Topic this week)...Like, I dunno, I just feel like such a bad fan. Would you say so?

Today I've been listening to Foo Fighters, The Fratellis, The Zutons, and not much else. I haven't been in the mood for music much today.

See you,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah. maybe u need some more magazine clippings to put on your wall :) im sure theres a ton of Killers merchandise somewhere....

Anonymous said...

AAAAAH! Lyla is too adorable. Like, seriously. I may die. I used to keep hamsters myself... I actually had four. My first was a Campbell's Russian dwarf named Binky (I lost him to diabetes). I also had two Syrians, Max and Penelope. And then there were the other Russian dwarves, Wally, Felix, Trixie, and Tallulah. What can I say? I love hamsters. If my hedgehog didn't have babies I'd still have them today, but I had to give them away, which was pretty heartbreaking. If you need any hamster help, just ask me. I'm a walking hamster encyclopedia.

Ps. Couldn't help but notice that you have the Habitrail Ovo. :) That was my first cage, but I moved onto a 10-gallon fish tank for cleaning reasons. Oh, and my teeny little dwarfy couldn't climb up the tubes...