BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Not Just A Metal Mouth Anymore...I'm Also An Elastic-Band Mouth(Plus more) xD

Hey,



So...Tuesday marks one year of having braces, there or there abouts. Because I got them two days before the Walk-a-Thon at my school, which is the 18th this year. Today I went to get the colors changed for 'em. I've been happy, because I'm "nearly done" with braces, how ever long that might mean. There were really only a few teeth that had issues, though those issues were big. But they're looking surprisingly good now, if I do say so myself. Today I got these elastic band things, that attach from the hooks on my molars to two canines. They're apparently, like, small practice ones before I get bigger ones. They don't hurt, surprisingly, but I can only open my mouth half way now. And putting them in was a pain...But, this means I'm kinda closer to getting them off. It's supposed to be, I think, Januaary-ish time. Only 3/4 of the time it was originally supposed to be.



So, I guess I should fill you in on the more important stuff of the past couple of days. Yesterday I had a Spanish field trip! I'm sure my teacher is disgusted to her core at herself that we've spent some time without the textbooks; We've been working 100 miles per hour with Spanish work because we're so far behind the other two middle schools in town. Granted, we were only going to the next town over. First we went to this Mexican restaurant that everyone seemed to know, and that I'd typically I'd never been to before. We had chips and salsa, burritos, and these honey and sugar chip things. Yum. Oh, and I actually have a decently amusing story to say! The girls at my table; Me, B, Br, M, and Ma(Like the anti-stalker nicknames?) went to the bathroom. While I was waiting for them, Ma says "Oh, they've got hand sanitizer", so her and B, oddly, spent a few minutes discussing it. Afterwards, M says "Guys, it's toilet cleaner..." which it indeed was. Thinking about it, why would they put a hand sanitizer dispenser so low-ish to the ground? The funny part was going out and telling the prissy popular girls and seeing their faces, though. Never gets old. xD Afterwards we were going to go to a gallery with Mexican photography. We'd been split into our two Spanish classes, the others were at the gallery first. According to the texts my friends had been receiving, the driver had somehow got lost during the five minute drive from one destination to another, and we turned up late. And Hallelujah we did. The only photography I like is the colorful, weird-looking modern photography; I can assure you there was none there. Black and white pictures of flowers and Mexicans and tiny houses...Gah. We'd gone to a gallery last year, too, and having every little "And this could symbolize..." of each picture painfully dragged out doesn'tm ake things better. It was actually only about 15 minutes, hoorah. xD

Today in health, we got two "Singing telegrams" from two music groups. I love how the teacher gives vaguely noticeable themes to it. First we got Island In The Sun by Weezer(YEEEEES!), played by the one group who got the drum kit and electric guitars. Then we got a group of boys who song the "Feelin' Hot Hot Hot" song, if that's its name, extremely off-key the whole time.

And third period the band, orchestra, and chorus(Featuring none other than Adele; http://www.thatdarnadele.blogspot.com/) had their spring concert. It got me out of English. The orchestra went first, they sang Hallelujah off Shrek. I love that one, always have. If Shrek was a little lighter on the Smash Mouth I'm sure I'd have bought the soundtrack by now, if it's available...*shrugs*. Then they did Blackbird by The Beatles. This will seem so weird to Americans reading, but in England most schools are required to do at least some singing...Well, actually a lot of it. Everyone hated it, but in 4th grade we did a Beatles medley. This was one of the songs we had to do, and I still like it quite a bit. But school does sort of ruin just about everything, like Beatles songs. Also they ended with something I didn't know, and don't want to know. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the band or orchestra songs were called, though I doubt you care. The first two of the orchestra were by a German, if I remember correctly. All three ended with something not too impressive, with a sort of...Background "History of this country" speech by my Social Studies teacher. Weird, right?

And, to add to the immense drama and craziness(Yeah right...) of my last couple of days, today the hamster got out of its cage. It's currently in the spare bedroom, so it's not like it ran around the whole house. But it got under the bed, and it wouldn't come out. I had to help; Plastic hamster ball, flash light, and part of a carrot in hand. My sister was too traumatized to do a thing. she dropped a piece of brocoli on its head yesterday and now she's certain the thing hates her and is gonna go rabid and bite her finger off if she goes near. That went on for an hour before we had to go to the orthodontist. When we came back it was no longer under the bed...So, we looked around and it was in the corner under our heating-system rail thing(Whats it called?). It took so long to find because, as I've always said, it looks like a piece of fluff. It wasn't moving, and I was the assigned "Poker". Thank God, it wasn't dead; Merely asleep. Hamsters are nocturnal, you know. So then it spent some time under there, running before we could catch it. Then over an hour behind a drawer, that we couldn't get it out from. We had to wait for my dad to get home, and get it out by tipping the thing over, with a wall of pieces of wood around the drawers. Finally! This will no doubt happen again, but hopefully not soon. That hamster's evil, I'm sure.

Music? Er...I got The Script's album, I've probably mentioned that, and I'm listening to it a fair bit. It sounds kinda mainstream-in-the-working but they haven't got to that point in this country just yet. They have some sweet songs, though. I haven't listened to my Beatles album I got yet. The Killers' video for A Dustland Fairytale released yesterday(It's already 7th on iTunes music videos!), and it's been non-stop listening ever since. I might do a sort of "review" of it some time(Would that drive you crazy, the fangirling? I'd keep it to a limit.). The only review I've found so far was really negative("When in doubt, let's pick on Brandon Flowers' music, yes?". I hate journalists). It's cliche, but it had to be. It's pretty, and sweet, and kinda sad too, but it all turns out alright. Watch it. It's soooooo cool. And Nevada-y guess. And at the moment I love Hallelujah, as mentioned earlier. I've got a slower version by someone else on my iPod. It took some getting used to but I prefer it to the Shrek version.

Wow, that was choppy...

Bye,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! I don't know y but I started laughing when u said u got assigned as "Poker". Heeheheehhheeehahahahaha, yes it's only a thing I could laugh at, I know, I know.

I didn't come to school today......aaaaaarururghh dammit kitty eating my foot.....

Oh, yeah I'm sick :) TTYL