BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

I Started Health Today. o_O

Hey guys,



I think it's appropriate to start this post off my saying we're finally dwown to the last term of 7th grade. It's been a long one, but that's what I'm coming to expect out of Middle School. For us we have either art/engineering, music, and health each term. And, just like last time, I'm stuck with health for the 3rd term. I know for some people Health might be a great time, but 7th grade health for us has been particularly hyped up to be a horrible, awkward experience. Why? Well, I will tell you, through the use of a Curriculum handout we got today:



Curriculm Topics

Grade 7 - sexuality, gender roles, sexual harassment and abuse, biology, relatiomships, love, appropriate behavior, abstienence, STIs, AIDs, depression and suicide.



So that's pretty much sums up what we're going to be working on this year. Fun fun fun(Well, sarcasm aside, I'm seriously looking forward to the depression and suicde art. Psychology rules.). Of course, it'll be awkward and everything but I guess I'll learn from it.



And our teacher, from what I've seen, isn't too bad at all just yet. I love her totally-obvious attempts to be nice and friendly and "cool", before we get into the seriously awkward stuff, to make it "easier". I guess it sounds like a good idea. But before long we'll surely discover an under-lying passion for watching 12 year olds become scarred from sex ed pictures or make us wander around the field reciting vocabulary or something of the sort. Ah, the many possibilites. O_O



We got our seats picked today be chossing card with things like TV shows and breakfast cerelas written on. Because of some really odd "fear", I hate my new seat. I just want to move so badly...But we're aloud to sit anywhere on the table, so if I get there early I'll switch. But I don't want to seem like I hate the girl sitting next to me at the moment. I guess my best choice is to "tough it out" where I'm sitting now...Oh yeah, on top of other reasons why I hate it, there's this huge, creepy poster of Taylor Swift to my left, advertising to drink milk. As I said, creepy is the best way to describe it. I know in my sister's school they have the same thing but with Miley Cyrus. I love how it's different for each school...But honestly I think Taylor is buying into the Disney stuff way too much at the moment --It'll ruin her. But that's a different "issue" in itself.



So, we got three handouts today. One was about underage drinking, which is simply...fantastic. It says the usual "Don't drink", on the front along with "Not everyone is doing it" On the back it says "Most Massachusetts students do not drink". So, it's like "If you're telling me it's not a problem why are you giving me a handout on it?" Haha, I love it. <33333



And we got one for a project. The project is this "All About You" book, which I'm both loving and hating at the same time. Of course it's not at all challenging, but as I've whined about a million times before, there's nothing to know about me. I don't have the attention span to spend a decent ammount of time on an instrument, or care at all about sports, or acting or drawing our whatever. It'll be another "What interests do you have/what do you do in your free time?" thing...To which my honest answer would be - I worship The Killers, listen to a little bit of music(Way less then most people), I follow along to innapropriate AIM conversations, spend hours on YouTube, surf various forums and websites, I find out random trivia about random people, research random pyschcology and medical disorders/ilnesses/syndromes(It's become an obsession) I love to eat and drink junk food and anything loaded with sugar, sit by myself and think about stupid stuff, I like to be far too whiny and ungrateful about everyone and everything, I like to blog and simaltaniously make huge grammar and spelling errors about said obnoxious thoughts and feelings, watch TV once in a while, become bored, do homework, and then realise how stupid my life is. I know, I'm too whiny but I feel so self-conscious about this. My life is simply pathetic.



Anyway, today otherwise has been fine. In Social Studies we had a quiz on Eurpopean countries and capitals(Way easier than I expected). Math was the typical go-over-homework routine, and LA we had a quiz on a couple of stanzas of The Raven, to which I got 92%, and got to add an exra 10 points for doing better than my teacher. In science we tested out little wooden car things which went a whole heck of a lot better than I expected. Our propulation(Propultion being two balloons taped to the top) did alright. It went around the track in a decent time and did better than our oponents, who's cars didn't move at all. Our non-propulation car(The lovely Brandon <333) was amazing, and made a record that was later broken. 35 seconds!! And, I didn't do anything terribly stupid or embarassing that caused us to lose. Hoorah for me. [:

After school we went shopping and when we got back, my mom checked the mail and...I've been invited to this girl's Bat Mitzvah. She's in my Spanish, Health, and gym classes and I've only known her for this year. She's pretty nice if not patronizing, but she's a lot better than most people. But the Bat Mitzvah is not something I'm looking forward to...The dressing up thing, of course, and I can't get out of it like I would do for school in this situation. I suppose it's not so much the dress I'd hate as the "You look so pretty/You look so different/You should dress girlier all the time!" that I dread. Also, with my anti-social habbits, I'm gonna stick out a bit. I have to be really happy and involved. I know I'm going to be dead silent throughout the thing, and then I'm going to feel guilty as hell about it after. She's going to hate me, her parents are going to hate me, they're going to think I hate them or somthing, you know? I suppose the ceremony and party will be fine, it'll be going for like 6 hours which will be boring, but I'll learn to deal. At least I can blog about it.

Woah, long one. Bye for now,

3 comments:

livielove said...

oo health sucks! pebbles and i had it first quarter... bleh... its sooo "fun" and at least u dont have ms. lunt.. dont even get me started...

Anonymous said...

Aaah, health. I was homeschooled in 7th grade, and my mother didn't bother with it, so I was one of the lucky ones who missed it. However, my mother bought a book called "What's Happening To My Body?" and made us read it together. It was quite awkward, seeing that I'm in high school and I basically knew everything in the book, and it was my mother teaching!! o_o Ew.

Lil' Dommy said...

yea im invioted to dat thing too o god we will survive!.............hopefully............