BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

'The Wizard Of Oz', Among Other Things

Hello bloggers!

Well, I have a lot to do today, and an adequate ammount of time to do it in(That's a wheezywaiter quote). So I thought this blog was a good start to that...

Yesterday morning I was woken up at around nine(I usually wake up around ten) by our Carbon Monoxide detector going off. Which would mean one of two things; We need to evacute the house or we're all gonna die, or it's shutting itself off because we're losing our electricity. Unfortunatly(For me) it was number two. Yes, we lost our electricity. Well, we lost electricity on the 1st floor, and on the TV. Other than the fact my computer is, like most peoples', on the 1st floor, it was alright. I blatsed music and played Nintendogs and watched the DVD for Bolt(The DVD and Wii were working. just not the TV channels). I also taught my sister how to sing David Bowie's 'The Man Who Sold The World'. Anyway, my dad called our neighbor in the morning to ask if they had lost electricity to, and they said yes. Because it was a nice Saturday, people's lights were off, so we assumed everyone's power had gone. Turns out it was just happening to our house, and our neighbor's house. So, a whole army came round(One digger, a giant truck, three or four cars, one small van, and about 20 guys in fluorescent orange jakcets wandering around) to dig a whole in a yard to find some wire and give us power again. It was about five in the evening when we got power again.

Anyway, I went to see my schools' play of 'The Wizard of Oz' last night. We got to see a preview on Friday, and it looked alright. The play list year was, honeslty, terrible. The actors were horrible, the scenes were awful, and the play got boring. And that added onto the preview meant I didn't have very big expectations for the whole thing in general. As I said, the preview wasn't promising. Of course it wasn't going to be amazing, but still. In particular, the couple of 8th grade girls "directing" and "producing" the play made a huge mess of things. The girl playing the wicked witch SHOULDN'T have been using a microphone. My eardrums pretty much burst everytime she screamed.

But the acting was actually very good. The girl playing Dorothy did an amazing job with 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' and the scarecrow was a very good actress. They even had a real dog for Toto! My favorite scene has to be the "dance off" between the crows and the scarecrow. And, even the munchkins were good at doing the minimum they wwere handed to do(Speaking of Munchkins, our vice principal came in as a munchkin somewhere in the beginning!). And, congrats to RAH as a guard --She was amazing!!

And the set and costumes were great. Being a munchkin or tree or poppy or someone in The Emerald City was great for the preps, as another excuse to dress up for the ocassion. But the set was equally as good. Especially Glinda's Moving Stand thing...Though it looked like she nearly fell when trying to get up.

And that was the play. If it weren't for the fact that they only showed the play twice, i would highly recommend anyone seeing it!

In other 'news', I've made an account on a couple of websites today, so i'll obviously be obsessed with those for a while to come. I bought the new Franz Ferdinand CD yesterday, so I need to listen to that...And I also need to uplaod about 10 CDs onto my ipod anyway. Later on I'll try to change the error in my playlist, and add a new poll. And I have some homework to do, and e-mail several people. Unfortunatly, this is what I call a 'busy day'.

PS - I'm obsessed with the music video for The Fray's "How To Save A Life'. It's sad, but I love it.

Bye!

2 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

yay i luv that song! I think i wrote a blog post about that, way back....

Naomi said...

Oh yeah, I think I remember that. It's an amazing song. <3